Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16661 results found

1. Waze debe proteger la integridad física y síquica de sus usuarios

@ChileWaze Waze no está identificando los lugares en que hay manifestaciones!! Ayer me llevó por Avda Providencia, en Santiago de Chile, con calle Seminario, donde CASI ME AGREDEN con piedras y artefactos cortantes.
    La app no tiene una opción que permita avisar de estas situaciones de peligro, y lo peor, sugiere transitar por calles y avenidas, ocupadas por manifestantes agresivos.
    En todas las ciudades importantes del mundo, hay protestas pacíficas o violentas, y la aplicación no advierte su presencia, poniendo en peligro a sus usuarios

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. @bastardprophet navigation

Get @bastardprophet from twitter to record a navigation voice! Let’s go!!

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make the Alert Button and Speed Display floating

English: Make the Alert Button and Speed Display floating, so the driver can position them on the screen in order to be more visible regardless of the position of the cell phone on the panel.

Portugues: Fazer o Botão de Alerta e o Mostrador de velocidade flutuantes, assim o motorista pode posiciona-los na tela de forma a ser mais visivel independente da posição do telefone celular no painel.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Turn by turn (next turn) panel too big

Is there a way to make turn by turn (next turn) smaller in landscape mode. Takes up to much of display. Possibly be able to hide it until you are within a certain distance from the turn. (This is on a Note 3)

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add option to add sound decibel readers

NYC specifically in the 5 boroughs of new york as well as a couple of other states started a program for sound decibel readers to be installed through out the city in other words noise cameras for cars and motorcycles. NYC has always been a loud place so this is un necessary. It is also not right towards cars that come from the factory stock such as scat pack chargers, hellcats, mustangs, harley davidson motorcycles, sports bikes, As well as many super cars. The 1st noise violation is a insane price of approximately $800 the 2nd is approximately $1600 and…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Routing server timeout on long drives

Since the app seems to consistently time out looking for long drives, I would recommend allowing more back end resources be used for drives over a certain mileage or time. This might require an upgrade based on the high number of users.

Instead of having just one option, I would like to be able to choose between options since there are riskier routes for adding traffic.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue since I can have perfect service on an iPhone 6S and consistently have your servers time out.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Waze RoadTrip- A New Option for Wazers

You will likely want to hear an idea that will expand your audience and retain your current customer base.

Recently, I embarked on an excursion from Orlando, FL to Charleston, SC. It’s a fairly short road trip, but within those 6 hours, I wondered to myself how great it would be to see more than just the highway in front of me and the trees that lined the road. I quickly grew exhausted from seeing the same paved road, white lines, and billboard signs over and over again.

I turned to my boyfriend with two hours left on our trip…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Report dangerous area or attemp assault, theft, etc.

The same way we can report the traffic, it would be interesting to get to report if you saw in front of you or you was was assaulted, robbed or threatened. This way other people can avoid the way, the cops can see where there are bad guys acting and so on. If you're nearby your cell also would play a sound like gun fire. :0).

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bicycle navigation and pedestrian should be added

Bicycle navigation and pedestrian should be added

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More Road Closure Options

While navigating, if a road is closed, we have the option to enter that a turn is closed. You can enter construction, with temporary, or "several hours", or "several days". You should be able to enter times. For example, a road near my work is only open from 530am - 6pm M-F. There is no way to submit that.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Voice reports on Android Auto

It would be really useful to be able to report road hazards by voice on Android Auto.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. report lane changes in yards not feet

when distance is set to miles, small distances are reported in feet, yards is more commonly in use ( at least for significant distances of say 1000 feet (300!yards)) in uk

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Toll roads

When entering in a destination, please put the toll roads option there instead of in the settings. I am a driver in New York City. All day long, I would need to go into settings and check/uncheck toll roads. When I drive a passenger, of course, all the toll roads are taken, but when returning, I avoid as much as possible. Please change the tolls feature to somewhere when entering in the destination. Thank you

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Please note we're changing the status of this suggestion to Not right now, since we finalized our plans for 2023 and this idea won't be implemented this year.
    We hope to have it included in our plans for later years and will keep you posted.
    Thanks!

15. Detour capability

I would like for the ability to determine a detour to the current route. For example, if the highway you are on is blocked, slow or closed due to an accident, you can push a detour option/button and select the distance of the detour (1/2 mile, 1 mile, 2 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles...) or maybe the system can suggest the detour length based on what it knows of the traffic conditions ahead. Once your determined detour distance is exhausted, you are routed back to your original route. Many GPS Nav systems today have this capability/feature and is very useful.…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Map scale indicator

Have you ever wondered how many miles long that traffic jam is up ahead? I sure have, but Waze gives no indication of distances on a map. How about one of the little bars that indicates the scale of the current map view - you know 1 inch equals a mile, etc.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improved Google Assistant Integration on Android Auto

The overall issue with Waze seems to be that the phone app is better built than the Android Auto app, which wouldn't be a problem were it not for the fact that it has led to borderline non-existent communication between the Android Auto version of the Google Assistant and the Android Auto Waze app. This problem leads to two main issues: drivers can't report hazards without taking one of their hands off the wheel and their eyes off the road unless they have a passenger on board, and if the driver uses the Google Assistant to ask for directions the…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Low emission zones avoiding

The same principle as avoiding toll roads.
    It is enjoying when Waze plans the way through the London (or any other city with low emission zone) and then you find out you have to drive back and find your way around the zone without any assistance as Waze still thinks you can go through the zone.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to use Bluetooth HSP or A2DP

Waze uses bluetooth A2DP for navifation instructions. But a lot of car sets only uses bluetooth HSP. There are apps that convert A2DP to HSP but these apps always mute the car radio. So it would be great, if Waze can send navidation instructions via HSP to a bluetooth car set. So it will mute the radio, give the navigation instruction and then unmute the radio. I think that would be a big feature, cause google maps can't do this right now.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to Disable Candy/Sweet Sounds and Icons

Extremely distracting, and annoying.

Offer users the option to disable the candy sounds and icons.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base