Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. North up should be persistent between sessions

I want to be able to use North up as default map orientation. This can be set manually in the client, but has to be specified every time the program is started. It would be nice if this setting could be persistent, or could be set in settings.

349 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    43 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set max travel-speed

When towing my caravan, I do not travel on the highway at the speed-limit of 120km/h but rather in the vicinity of 100km/h. This means the ETA is out. It would be a nice feature if I can set my max speed limit for a trip, with my towing combination, and the ETA is calculated based on that.

346 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trip summary

Can you add a trip summary button to show how long trip took. I enjoy that feature on my regular gps so I can see how long it took each day to get home from work for example.

346 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "EV Charging" instead of "Gas Stations"

You can already tell Waze that you're driving an electric vehicle... so why do I still see "gas stations" as an option? Google Maps already has EV charging station POIs - let us select "EV Charging" instead of "gas stations"!

342 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Toyota Entune Integration

Please work with Toyota to integrate your app with their sub-par Entune system!

342 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Waze API

Unsure in which forum this falls, but the idea is to have an API which developers could use to use Waze information on their websites or apps.

341 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under consideration  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Waze Support for the Parrot Asteroid

The Parrot Asteroid is a great car stereo based on android, however the unique nature of the device limits it's online apps to those that specifically support it. Currently the Asteroid has no turn by turn navigation. Waze's powerful mapping and reporting features would greatly benefit users of the Parrot Asteroid and raise awareness for both Parrot and Waze.

340 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    60 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better Favourites Management

Rename favourites.
    Ability to be put in alphabetic order.
    Group favourites (Eg; Business, Personal)
    Edit favourite map marker.

337 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. RV

Add an option for RV trailers. There roads/bridges/tunnels that RVs are not allowed to go on. Also low bridges.

336 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recurring Weekly Planned Drive

Have the ability set a planned drive to repeat every day, weekly. With a starting date and til a set date or never to expire.
    I go to work every morning at the same time, to the same place and there is a bunch of traffic: is a pain to have to set up this great feature every week

336 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 332 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Update the "Map editors" colour scheme to the new colours of the Waze Map Editor.

The roads colours on the Waze Map Editor have changed. So the colour scheme named "Maps editors" should be updated accordingly.

330 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Camera's Lock

Possibility to change lock of cameras.

Topic: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=153831

329 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to disable selected alerts. Would like to disable vehicle on shoulder alerts.

Option to disable alerts. Would like to disable vehicle on shoulder alerts. Would be nice to select which alerts gave an audible notification.

325 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Avoid a specific road

I've seen a number of posts regarding this, and myself have wanted this on various occasions for a number of different reasons. The alternatives (avoid highway, avoid toll, avoid dirt) are useful in many cases, but there are also many cases where they simply don't serve the actual need.

For example, this reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/waze/comments/6vfd6m/can_i_stop_waze_from_rerouting_or_select_a/) is from a user that wants to specifically avoid the Capital Beltway (I-495). Not because it's a highway, and not because of a perceived inability for Waze to determine traffic, but just as a personal preference. As another example, sometimes when driving through…

322 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Average Speed / ANPR Camera Reporting

As well as normal Gatso type speed cameras, increasingly automatic number plate recognition / average speed cameras are used in the uk. Being able to report them & their speed limit, and having a notification that you're within the average limit would be priceless.

320 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove Chit-Chat option for Iranian users

The Iranian people use this option for political purposes and insult to each other and racism. This has led Iran's government to ban this great app in the country.

314 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make car icon customizable

Make the little car icon on the screen while I'm navigating customizable. I'd like to be able to make it look like my car...starting with my car's color. You could have a small number of car types (truck, van, sedan, sports car), or a more elaborate library of make/model/year (I vote for 2010 Chevy Camaro!)

314 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. In honor of White Cane Safety Day, create a alert to drivers that notifies the driver a person using a white cane is ahead.

A person with a visual impairment can log on to the app and WAZE will track the user as they walk.
    A driver using the app is notified when a person using a white cane is nearby.

313 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. animal road kill

We think that waze should add to their warning menu a button that would make an area that's calle: animal danger zone when you see dead animals there, and after 10 votes that would happen. We believe that this would save many animals.

309 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base