Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

121 results found

1. Just as I'm about to get close to the destination, the add photo drop down appears. Normally not an issue, but on this low resolution landsc

Just as I'm about to get close to the destination, the add photo drop down appears. Normally not an issue, but on this low resolution landscape only device it covers the navigation just at the most important point, showing the exact location of the destination.

To make it worse, there's no way to get rid of it, and if I try to take a photo to get rid of it, it tells me I don't have a camera (correct) and goes back to hiding the navigation.

A close button would help a lot, but even better to have an setting…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. CarPlay road hazard button layout

On the icon that pops up and asks if a car/hazard/cop is “still there” or “not there” the buttons should be in a portrait orientation instead of a landscape orientation. It will be easier to tap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Speed indicator

When the phone is in landscape mode, the speed indicator can be sometimes hidden by the lanes indicator when it pops up.
    Is it possible to put the speed indicator on the foreground or move it when it is hidden under another object?
    Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto cancel the "Where to" and "My Waze" bars

When we use the map and do not choose a destination, the "Where to" and "My Waze" bars at the bottom of the screen - especially in the landscape position - occupy almost half of the screen, which makes it very difficult to read the map. They should disappear after a few seconds and reappear when you touch the screen. I would like to ask you to introduce this minor and very helpful modification.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Interface - needs to revert to 3.x

The new interface looks childish and is unusable in landscape mode. The next instruction box at the top is too big. The notifications are horribly big, and the ones that show when you stop at a traffic light are worse, with the black background.
    The map looks drawn by a 4 years old in crayon, seems to lack a lot of the information it had on v3.x., the map lines are too wide.
    Having functions that only show when you tap the screen is very bad in usability terms.
    To top all that, the interface is so heavy that it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Wt? MW bars convert to icons (Android 11)

Please convert "Where to?" and "My Waze" bars into icons just as "Send a report" icon. Main problem occurs in a landscape mode when those two bars take a horizontal half of screen and it is impossible to hide them if you want to properly see what is on the map.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. have the possibility of integrating GPX tracks or routes. or be able to create a route on https://www.waze.com/

hello, also for tourist use, have the possibility of integrating GPX tracks or routes.
    or be able to create a route on https://www.waze.com/fr/live-map point by point to use it on waze.
    the import or the creation of layout can be a "pro" option or requiring a minimal contribution to each import.
    Useful for: landscape discovery trails, historical sites..., motorcycle rides,...
    with the information of the time and km of the stage and and complete route.
    Thanks for reading me

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New iPhone X UI

UI on iPhone X needs to be optimized so far.
    Important information are partially or totally masked.
    In landscape mode : car cursor partialy masked
    In portrait mode : road names are masked and mask roads itselves.
    Spotify button is a the left side now : why ?!
    Anyway, I can't take the the road without Waze :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To small numbers

Hi, i have updated to the latest version of waze. While driving, i always mount my phone in landscape position (90 degrees)

I realized that the guide of remaining distance and remaining minutes has gone in tilt position. It only appear sometimes bit to small to read it. Need magnifying glass to read the number remaining minutes and kilometers.

This is so troublesome and not user friendly. I wiah i could downgrade it to the previous version where i can read it easily.

Fyi, i am using it on Huawei P9. Really hope you can fix this in the soonest…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug

https://imgur.com/a/eOh6iYW
    Found a display error on my iPad Split View landscape the Map is not centered it’s off to the side. And is there a way to mute the sound it makes when recalculating route. Since it doesn’t have multi stop function routine I just leave the last stop on my route.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3.9 waze does not fit my iPad mini. Can you please fix it with your next update. I use landscape in car. 3.9 killed it!

Fix the screen size problem that came in with 3.9 update please! Someone please install it to a iPad mini to see the problems. From install to use its messed up! Please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BMW Motorrad Connected integration

Since half a Year I'm enjoying the BMW Motorrad Connected Phone cradle That allows me to use the navigation App on my Phone an controll it with the wheel on my steer. the BMW app also has Offline maps, that makes it very hard to stay on Waze.

I'm in doubt to switch to the combination of BMW navigation with Flitsmeister --> But I still prefer waze for navigation.

I hope waze will improve the Landscape view and integtrate with the Connected system Those well keep me using Waze.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Instelling voor positie UI elementen

Een optie voor auto's met stuur aan de linker kant om bv snelheids meter en wegaanwijzingen naar het midden of aan de rechterkant weer te geven.

Op dit moment heb ik een vaste din auto android tablet (landscape) in mijn auto, waarbij het stuur met handen de linkerkant de UI elementen bedekt. Moet daarvoor eromheen kijken. Voor engelse auto's met stuur aan de rechterkant zijn de huidige posities ideaal. Maar niet voor autos met stuur aan de linkerkant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Navigation screen for Routes has a problem

On Portrait screen, I may have 3 alternate routes that all appear the same.....

1. Via: Central Expwy Mountain View;...
      45 min. 16.8miles

2. Via: Central Expwy Mountain View;...
      42 min. 16.7miles

3. Via: Central Expwy Mountain View;...
      49 min. 17.2miles

Waze should verify that the 3 "cut to fit" texts are not identical. If they ARE identical, Waze should abbreviate the hell out of them.

Sure, landscape clarifies things, but it's a pain to swap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix Overlapping, invisible Compass button

This is more of a bug report than a suggestion. When Waze is navigating and phone is in Landscape mode, the "Compass" button and the "Update the Map" button overlap with each other by about 80%, and the compass button is usually invisible. This leads to a frequent problem when driving of trying to his the "Update the Map" button but instead hitting the dang invisible Compass button, and suddenly changing the orientation of the map and making everything go haywire. These buttons should not be overlapping by 80% is doesn't make sense!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In my convertible I prefer slower roads

I would love the option of driving on slower roads. Think of it as an extension of "avoid highways" but with the option of setting the speed limit that you don't want to exceed and let the excellent navigator that we all love plot the course out of our needs and wants.
    I would love to be able to set Waze to calculate routes never exceeding the speed of my choice. Especially when we decide to drive slowly through the landscape in the cabriolet. When you drive with the top of you want slower roads than usual because it's a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shortcuts for Hazard Reports

When using the Hazard Report feature in Waze I often find that:

1) I use 1 to 3 reports a LOT more often than any others.

2) I often find that selecting these hazard icons using the current method is fiddly, dangerous when driving, and slow, resulting in the report being sent late, often about 100 meters or more past the hazard.

My improvement idea is to add 1 to 3 hazard SHORTCUTS that "slide out" for selection from the existing hazard report icon (yellow triangle) on the FIRST touch, they would then "slide in" again after selection to avoid…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Configurable Speedometer & Speed Limit location

Before I go ahead and suggest improvements, Waze is a great navigation app with excellent features. I love it! Great work, Waze team; keep it up!! 👏

I suggest introducing a feature where Waze app users can configure the location of the speedometer and speed limit information through the Waze app preferences to be positioned in one of four display corners. I have noticed reports of inconsistent placement across different platforms; some Waze apps display this information on the left, while others display it on the right. To set the context, the suggestion is based on using the Waze iOS…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Workers Present" Notification

Posts a notification for both sides/median of the roadway which identifies workers (road crew, landscaping, linemen, etc) present either near or on the roadway. The concern is for their safety.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hazard alerts

Hi, I love the app. Been using it for years! I really like the new version and the new layout but I have one problem. I use my phone in the car in landscape mode and what happens is when there's a hazard the banner covers almost the entire screen so all I can see is the little arrow indicating my car and I can't see any of the street ahead of me. This makes it very difficult to navigate and I end up waving these banners away without being able to either thumbs-up or thumbs-down them. The old version…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base