Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

501 results found

1. Android auto/ waze YouTube music bar is now gone an replaced with app icons

The skip song pause music bar for YouTube music is now gone when running Android auto while using waze. This is now a big issue as that bar has been replaced with all the app icons so I now physically have to tap the YouTube music icon an open the app up then change/pause my music which takes my eyes off the road way more then before so this is a serious issue. I don't know if this is a waze issue or Android auto as I didn't have this happen till the new update for Android auto just came…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is now integrated with several audio apps including Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Pandora and more. Just go to Settings > Audio Player and pick your favorite app.

3. Please add a signal of some kind to alert us that you will be speaking a direction..I miss the directions if I am listening to music.

Before voice directions, please insert sound of some kind to alert us that the voice direction is coming so I can turn down the radio or the music.
    By the time I turn down the music, I've missed the voice directions.

Or, is there a way to repeat the voice direction--

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BUG: Knob controls selection box skips around

My Mazda interacts with Android Auto via control selector knob rather than touch screen. When an alert pops up for police, it gives two options to pick from: not there or still there when I rotate my control knob to move the highlighted selection box over to one of those options, the system will automatically jump the selection box back to the default position up top before I can even make a choice. Please fix so the selection box stays where the user moves it to. It times out almost instantly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support Radio Javan instead of Spotify for Iranian Wazers

There are some problems with Spotify and its music database is incomplete.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is now integrated with several audio apps including Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Pandora and more. Just go to Settings > Audio Player and pick your favorite app.

6. Option to disable audio for "you've helped other Waze users" in Android Auto

When you submit a report through Android Auto, you are thanked by an audible "You've helped other Waze users". When listening to music, this message plays over the music. It would be nice to have the option to disable this for those of us who would prefer a better music experience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Opening Waze on Apple Carplay cuts off radio - doesn't with other map apps

When I open Waze on Apple Carplay in my car my music/radio will stop playing (switches from Radio/Sirius to iPod on my Pioneer Nex). I have to manually go back and turn the music back on. This doesn't happen when I open Google Maps or Apple Maps.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better 'ok Google' voice control

Since its simple enough to configure Google to auto-listen for 'ok Google' and its voice recognition is much faster than the three-finger touch version in Waze, could Waze implement a full set of commands for the 'ok Google' interface?

Examples:
    * Okay Google, Navigate home with Waze (obvious)
    * Okay Google, Send alert police with Waze (sends notification)
    * Okay Google, Add stop, coffee with Waze (opens the add-stop interface with a search result for 'coffee')
    * Okay Google, stop navigating with Waze (stop current navigation)

Better touchless controls should be a major priority and the Android voice system is…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Separate volume for waze and spotify.

Separate volume for waze and spotify. With music on loud the voice directions are deafening and make you jump out of your seat!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Android Jelly Bean multi window support

There is a new feature in Jelly Bean, on higher resolutions I can split the screen between 2 apps, so it would be nice if Waze supported that too, so I could see Waze AND music player simultaneously.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mute all sounds in Waze, not just navigation.

A lot of times, while I'm listening to music, Waze will make a sound when I eat fruit or if it needs to recalculate the route I'm taking. However, if I'm going the wrong way and not able to safely use my phone, I do not want to be annoyed the whole time by the redirecting sound. If music is playing at the time, any sounds from Waze turn the music down temporarily. It makes me feel as if someone is about to call me.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Android Samsung galaxy note 3 multi window feature.

Would love to use it with other apps. This limits me to only use one app. With Google maps I can listen to YouTube or a music app while I see and hear directions. Thanks.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The music banner is too big! I would like to have it down so I can see the song but it takes up too mcuh space, make it more like google

The music banner is too large on the app. Please could you make it smaller so I can still have it up to see the song and see the map. Make it more like Google maps music banner - small and not distractive

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have waze not kill my Sony Music app when they are both on at the same time.

When the waze sends an audio alert over my bluetoothed car audio system, it will stop the Sony Music app that is playing. Then when the alert is done, I will have to go in and tell the app to play again. This is frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate Qobuz with Waze.

Qobuz is a top choice of music streaming services for audiophiles, yet it isn't integrated with Waze. It's a PITA to change apps while driving.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add LiveXLive to audio apps.

Not everyone is an iHeart or Pandora fan. I am an old lady who loves music my way. It's apparent you guys aren't gonna allow access to Amazon music. So how about LiveXLive (formally Slicker).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Prevent Waze audio if a call is active

With the Text to Speech navigation active and a call comes in, the application will continue to speak over the caller on the speakerphone. Other audio applications like the audio MP3 player, will mute the music during the call and then resume after the call. Waze client should do the same.

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pandora Radio

Is it possible to integrate Pandora Radio into the music choices instead or ONLY iTunes?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Setting tweak. Set to lower volume for music apps but pause audio for podcast apps

At current, the audio choice is either 'Lower Volume' or 'Pause Audio'. We'll I'd love to have that option for each linked audio app. For example: Whilst using Spotify I want music volume to dip however when I'm using Castbox I want it to pause. At the moment it's choose a single option for all linked apps, let us assign for each app please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base