Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

865 results found

1. Create area of interest around vehicle

Allow user to specify an area of interest around their car. This area of interest would have a circular shape and diameter would be in miles. The size of the diameter would be specified by the user. The user would then select alert types that they would like to receive within this area. For example, the user would like to be alerted if a police car enters this area. The police car could be behind them, and approaching them, beside them, on the other side of the road etc.... They could also request weather alerts that could indicate if a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow viewing on mobile while connected to android auto

When my phone is connected to Android Auto, viewing the app on the phone is disabled but not all features are enabled on the car display which are often needed. I cannot change my vehicle type (car/motorcycle), I cannot share my ride, if I am not currently navigated I cannot change alert settings.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show as Tractor

Display yourself as a tractor or slow vehicle on the map. Yes also agricultural vehicles use waze and normal roads. They would like to warn other drivers. Like trash trucks or snow plow trucks.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Speed cameras alert

Sometimes we need the option for Speed Camera alert to sound regardless of the vehicle speed (up or down the permitted speed).
    Now you can only select 5% overspeed.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Miscellaneous Suggestions - Reporting Items Not There and Hazards

I would suggest having the ability to select reports and mark them as not there. For instance, oncoming traffic reports of speed traps or traffic that have since cleared up but not timed out.

Also reporting a road hazard of disabled vehicle on the road. Currently there's vehicle on shoulder and you can report an accident on the road. We should be able to note a disabled vehicle blocking one lane.

Lastly there should be the ability to note in an accident if it's affecting both sides (when EMS responds from both directions and closes lanes), when the road is…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A. RECKLESS DRIVER B. EXTREME HIGH SPEED

Add map update feature similar police ahead to report (A) RECKLESS DRIVER ALERT (speeding 15 mph over limit or unsafe/slow vehicle or intoxicated driver) spotted and (B) another vehicle/motorcycle traveling at EXTREME HIGH SPEED ALERT.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Calculate fuel consumption and show cost of the route

It would be great to be able to enter the average fuel consumption for certain speeds for your vehicle and then while calculating show also the cost of the route. It can be calculated by known speeds on the road, the need to stop and go on traffic lights, the overall profile of the route. There is an iPhone app that can serve as an inspiration - http://drivegain.com

488 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Biker & Rollerblader Safety/Warnings

Approximately 20,000 cyclists are injured each year on the road and about 20% of those accidents result in serious injury or death. Waze can put an end to this by providing drivers with the awareness they need to avoid such tragedies. Bikers, rollerbladers, and street commuters of all types can simply make their gps location available. Waze drivers will then get alerts just like “Car stopped on shoulder ahead” but for bikers and skaters. I have personally had a few close calls with drivers pulling out onto the road and nearly hitting me because they’re instinctively only looking for large

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow user to change there vehicle so other see if on there map as a hazard, like a blinking motor cycle on others maps

allow user to change there vehicle so other see it on there map as a hazard, like a blinking motor cycle on others maps. That way when I drive up to a motorcycle at night a see this blinking bike on my screen and start to look for it on the road before I get to it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Different profiles / different vehicles

It would be useful to be able to choose between different "profiles" by changing the type of vehicle. I for example move both by motorcycle and car, in motorcycle I can access the ztl - area c of Milan while in car I can't, in car I do the highways in motorcycle I try to avoid them, the type of driving changes depending on the vehicle and having to go each time in settings and change the ZTL permits and preferences (in addition to the roads suggested by Waze) is cumbersome, it would be nice if it was possible…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Android Auto app without head unit

Please update Android auto functionality to include those of use just using the Android auto app on our phones and not through a vehicle head unit. I would love to finally be able to use Android auto, as I have been waiting for Waze to be supported, but I don't have an Android auto head unit.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great to have a button to indicate a police officer traveling in traffic so cars behind will know why traffic may be clogged up

A button to indicate a police officer/vehicle is traveling with/in close proximity, and then another to show when they turn off/stop or exit a highway.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to hide "Select vehicle type" button

Please make option to hide this button!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Parking location tracking function

When motorists reached their parking location, provide a function to allow motorists to key in where they parked their vehicle.

When motorists are done with the errands, they can use the app to find out which car park they parked their vehicle and which floor/location it is at.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sloping / inclined streets

In Latam and some other cities I have known, there are streets with inclines of more than 15° and some vehicles cannot drive up these roads due to several factors.

1) low power vehicles
    2) Motorcycles
    3) climatic factors that prevent the vehicle to go up this road.
    4) vehicles parked on the sides that prevent other vehicles from passing.

It would be interesting to make waze as well as avoid freeway roads we can add the inclination and avoid it.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Implement Navigation for AM License vehicles (45kph)

It would be Great to have 45kph limited vehicles implemented...

that would need major changes tho...

we are allowed to drive all roads but: Autobahn, Autostraße (roads marked with a Car sign) cause these require a minimum topspeed of 60kph. https://www.wissenswertes.at/zeichen-autostrasse with an option to select a 45 top speed vehicle and the option on the editor to add Autostraße so u can just set the navigation to not take them like with autobahn/mautstraße^^ also adding a 45kph vehicle option could mean that other drivers could be warned like : Slow Vehicle Ahead^^

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sort Reporting Incidents for optimal selection on large screens

For those of us with larger screens (iPhone 6 and larger) and short fingers, I have a hard time quickly reaching the most used incident reporting buttons. I'd prefer to have the items on the incident selection screen in almost the reverse order so that Traffic, Police, Accident and Hazard are at the bottom of the screen, rather than the top. Those most used categories should be easy to reach and they aren't easy to reach one handed on larger phones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. One Touch Reports in Car Play / Android Auto - Customizable

It would be great to have the ability to customize one-touch reports.
    See the attached imgur photo.
    In this case, I made vehicle on shoulder, police, and object on the road as my "One Touch."
    I also added a compass to the navigation bar on the bottom left. (The compass I used is far too busy for Waze.)

https://imgur.com/a/7Qv64qu

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Put a bike lane in the Lincoln and Holland tunnels

https://twitter.com/waze/status/1091359985647394816

Nobody can walk into NYC from Jersey City/Hoboken. You need to drive a vehicle or take a bus. Seems really tone def. I'm just following instructions from your twitter account. Would love for you to work with the port authority of new york / new jersey to get a bike lane or some way for pedestrians to walk under the tunnel.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base