Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
2834 results found
-
Drawbridge Alert - Beta test a citizen based alert that lets drivers know if there is a scheduled bridge opening
We have a historic drawbridge that backs traffic up for sometimes over and hour. Could we beta test a citizen based alert that lets drivers know if the bridge is scheduled to open so that drivers could take alt route, to alleviate traffic? Bridge openings can be determined by monitoring marine VHF radio channel 9. Locals listening could log in and alert drivers and cyclists that there is an upcoming opening.
5 votes -
Speed camera is less visible after new update
After the recent update the speed cameras are hardly visible as its camouflaged into maps and other things please change it to how it was previously or make the speed cameras visible by making it bigger on the maps. I'm sure every waze users agrees with me.... If u check social media platforms others don't like it either.
4 votes -
Waze iOS app doesn’t support the feature to notify speed camera location
Waze iOS app should let the user notify of a new fixed speed camera location
3 votesGreat thinking! The issue you raised has been addressed in a recent redesign. Hope you like it!
-
In Australia, especially NSW please calculate your average speed in an average speed zone. This is desperately needed
There are lots of new average speed zones being used in NSW Australia. Please have the capability to calculate the average speed in these zones.
2 votes -
Bring back the “fastest route”, “add speed cameras”
Fastest route was removed from the app. Also at 3361 third avenue in the Bronx NY there is no camera icon for an installed camera in front of the addresses referenced in this message. Further we need a feature to add bus lane cameras, school zone start and end zone speed enforcement cameras
9 votes -
Alert when approaching a Quiet Zone
In the US we have quite zones. Add them to the map and alert when approaching.
1 vote -
Indicator Alert
I would like to be informed through voice when i need to put the indicators while driving. I am thinking it would be exactly middle between the first alert and the final alert for an exit / when making left/right turn from the main/sub roads. Off course i understand this indicator alert needs to be made considering many factors.
I believe it will help for safe driving in both ways 1) for the driver to put at the right time the indicators making a switch 2) Also to help the car behind to rightly judge about the car in front.
…
1 voteThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Make Waze alert me when I'm near somewhere
Make Waze alert me when I'm near somewhere
Calendar events are triggered by time, right?
What if...
You want to go to a place, but you don't need to go any time soon, so you plan ahead, and say:
When I drive close to "this" place, I'll stop by.
So what I want is this:
I tell Waze, I'll need to get to "X" place.
Remind me when I get as near as "1/5/10 Km."13 votes -
bike and pedestrians ahead alert - Alerta de ciclistas e pedestres nas rodovias
Portuguese - Seria muito útil criar um alerta de ciclistas e pedestres que estão transitando nos acostamentos das rodovias. Seria mais util ainda se o Wase pudesse acessar o banco de dados do Strava e automaticamente informasse que há "ciclistas a frente". Certamente os wazers alertariam da existência de ciclistas ou pedestres nas rodovias que representam perigo de atropelamento.
English - It would be very useful if create an kind of alert for Bikeres and pedestrians that are transiting the shoulders of highways. It will be more useful even if the Wase could access the Strava database and…
21 votes -
Make the "speed camera" warning smaller in landscape
Hi :-)
I've been using Waze for a long time and I enjoy using it a lot.However lately the bar that shows arrival time has grown, leaving less space for the map.
That's not the worst though. The worst is that, when nearing a speed camera or speed enforcement zone, the warning covers almost half the screen, pushing the speedometer behind the directions. As you can maybe surmise, I'd really like to be able to see how fast I'm going when nearing a speed camera.
I use the app in landscape because that's the least intrusive way to…
5 votes -
Disable speed limit change banners
After last update every time when approaching speed speed limit change the bottom part goes red and there is a thermometer showing the speed limit.
It is impossible to turn it off!
It overrides all current information.
That red banner grabs attention what happened making driving very dangerous!
It is necessary to be able to disable this feature as well as speed limit signs on the map! We need less distraction on the map, more attention to the road!1 vote -
Map issue since the update
Hello Waze Developers,
I wanted to share some feedback regarding the Map interface that has been changed since the last update.
I use Waze in horizontal mode in my car, and I’ve noticed that I am no longer able to see my speed when there’s an alert. Previously, the speed bubble was on the left side and, even when an alert appeared, the bubble remained above it.
Now that the bubble is positioned in the middle, it seems that when an alert appears, it covers the speed, making it difficult to view. Would it be possible for the …
2 votes -
Alert selection
there's a feature to have alerts only, but not one to have directions only. This seems so obvious. Even better would be to select which alerts you're notified about. The vehicle on shoulder seems to be abused by those seeking to collect points. Police and objects on road are important, but rarely is a vehicle on the shoulder a legitimate hazard.
6 votes -
New Speed cameras Lisbon
There are new speed cameras in Lisbon, 40 until end 2021. It would be helpful if you could advise the locations so we could get used to it before they are active. Now in tests already. Those are now generation radars and can get speed in both ways.
1 voteThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Gas running OUT Alert
waze should have an input DIOLOG were the user will intro his vehicle gas autonomy let s say my car will run 220 km on a full tank , when the vehicle riches 180 km waze will VOICE ALERT THAT REFILL MAY BE NEEDED and automatically will show nearest gas station
2 votes -
On wp8 please make the text of the current speed a little bigger.
You can do this by removing the km/u text and/or increasing the circle.
Because I use navigation a lot, I'm used to look at my phone for the current speed in stead of my dashboard.
8 votesThank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is no longer supported on any Windows Phone device and is not planned to be supported in the near future.
-
Turn off construction alert - bug and improvement
There are other suggestions for this but some are old so I am also adding a new one. The audible alerts for costruction and not at all helpful and very annoying. I have selected to not show alerts for construction yet they show on the map. One zone near me has up to 5 different alerts from people throughout the construction zone, including a spot where the "End Road Work" sign is visible. I get it, people (hopefully passengers) are bored and play with the app. But the audible warnings interrupt my music or podcast and get…
8 votesGreat thinking! The issue you raised has been addressed in a recent redesign. Hope you like it!
-
Warning max speed 2 km above
I can now choose from 5 km over speed limit or more. Could you please add 2 kms above speed limit as well?
1 vote -
Updates to / new reportables
Pot Hole (Choose which lane to report for)
Debris in road (Choose which lane to report for)
Visibility alert (Smoke & Fire) (not just bad weather)
Reduced speed alert (Australia 40km,60km,80km,100km) Some zones are 110 but when reduced to 60 it doesn't always change on navigation - Add the option as a reportable.
Option to choose specific reports to have audible alerts.. I usually run mine with no sound at all but would be good to be able to select Police / Speed camera alerts ONLY as audible.
1 vote -
Security camera voice alert irrespective of type of camera ahead
The app should notify irrespective of being within the limit because the speed reflecting on the app is 3km lesser than the real at all the given times.
Also, the app doesn't even make a distinctive alert sound when there's a camera ahead.I request you to please integrate the verbal notification for a security camera irrespective of the type of camera installed and irrespective of whether the vehicle is under the speed limit coz at a lot of times due to many reasons like conversing while driving, thinking, managing kids etc. and it skips out of the mind.
Please…4 votes
- Don't see your idea?