Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3150 results found
-
Resuming navigation dismisses programmed stop
When using Waze on Android Auto, after having disconnected the phone from the car, the current drive to the destination resumes but any stops previously set are dismissed.
1 voteThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Mark bad quality road
There are so many roads witch are paved, but the quality is so awful, its more like driving on dirt road or trail. Would be great to mark bad quality roads so I could avoid driving there and save my car instead of braking it driving trough. Of course there should be an option to avoid bad quality roads also in the Waze app. I hope to see this feature in soon future. Best regards
40 votes -
paris
The residents of the Center of Paris have a specific authorization to drive through all the Center of Paris (boroughs 1 to 4). For example, the residents can drive through Rue de Rivoli.
Could you create an option on Waze to indicate that we have this specific authorization?2 votes -
Hospital as a Category
Hello! It occurred to me today as I tried to find the quickest route to the nearest emergency room that Waze might want to think about dropping “Drive-thru” from the category screen in favor of “Hospital.” At the very least, maybe users could be given the option to create their own categories?
5 votes -
ALWAYS display the destination address please! It helps when driving for Lyft & Uber.
If it's always displayed I won't have to switch off the waze app and go to my Lyft or Uber app to verify address. PLEASE include in next update! It can be a SAFETY HAZARD! Thank you!
12 votesThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Connect WAZE to OBD port of engine to calculate better way according to driving style
Connect WAZE to OBD port of engine to calculate better way according to driving style
4 votes -
Weather overlay
I would love to have a real time weather overlay on the WAZE maps. This would be a GREAT feature to add to aid in knowing more about driving conditions. Please vote and let's see what we can do to make it happen.
1,379 votesThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Route planning for group pleasure drives
I have been using waze for a long time now but recently had to install G maps for a planned group drive round the Peak District. Lucky I had my hand held radio as maps was totally useless, but does let a multi stop planned route be shared with everyone, even if I found it unusable.
Can waze please add this feature so the drivers who drive for the fun and enjoyment with others can do so simply and easily? Preferred route selection stop to stop that's entered by the creator and fixed for client?
Could even add the…
1 vote -
Apple Carplay HUD Integration Idrive 7
I am writing to formally request the implementation of Head-Up Display (HUD) turn-by-turn navigation support for the Waze iOS app via Apple CarPlay.
I currently drive a 2019 BMW 320d (G20) running iDrive 7. While Apple Maps seamlessly pushes navigation data, street names, and directional arrows directly to my windshield's HUD, Waze remains completely incompatible with this safety feature on iOS.
I am aware that Apple's CarPlay framework has included the necessary APIs for secondary displays for quite some time, and I know that Waze via Android Auto already projects to the HUD on iDrive 7. Furthermore, while…17 votes -
Enable Speech-to-Text for Map Update Requests While Driving (via Android Auto and CarPlay)
I would like to suggest an improvement to Waze that would allow users to fill out map update requests (URs) using speech-to-text while driving, particularly when connected through Android Auto or CarPlay.
Currently, when users select a map update option (such as "Incorrect address," "Missing road," or "Speed limit") while driving, there is no way to add a description of the issue. This limits the ability to provide detailed reports and often results in incomplete information being submitted. With speech-to-text functionality, users could quickly and safely dictate descriptions of the problem without having to stop or manually type anything.
For…
10 votes -
Danger warning
Hello wazer! I was sleeping and had a nightmare. I dreamed that I was driving a car with 4 more friend and all of them were in the back sit. I wasn't seen nothing in the road the light was week and was very dark for but all of my friends were seen clearly. I asked to someone to drive but none of them wanted. So them I decide to turn on my Waze to see the road on the app. But o was aprotching to a river and I a turned the lady on the app said: "you are…
1 voteThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Waze calculates time to leave, sends reminder to leave, so I can be at "x" on time
Waze calculates what time I should leave and sends a notification (text, etc), based on current traffic and what time I would like to be at my final destination.
Example:
I have to pick up a friend at 5PM, but I am still at work. Waze sends me a note, predicting that I should leave by 4:25PM to arrive at my friend's location for approx 5PM.49 votesGreat thinking! The issue you raised has been addressed in a recent redesign. Hope you like it!
-
JL of AHOF for WAZE Voice
JL of AHOF as voice for directions or JL's songs as part of your playlist. He has that easy listening voice perfect for driving and roadtrips. Hope you can get him to sing a song as part of waze playlist.
Thank you! 😊501 votes -
Profanity filter
Include a profanity filter in the chitchat feature.
Driving alone at night, by myself, another wazer sent me profane and very disturbing message. I flagged it, but regardles, it was emotionally horrible and hindered my ability to drive safely. I have since disabled chitchat, but there's no reason profanity/profane slang should be allowed in a GPS program.
2 votes -
recycling Feature
Dear Waze, I am a sixth grader at Spring Creek Elementary in Dallas, Texas. My robotics team and I are working on our project for the First Lego League City Shaper season. The goal of the project this season is to somehow improve our city. We are acknowledging that the world is having a hard time recycling. Would you help our cause and consider adding a special feature on Waze or Google Maps that shows where recycling bins owned by stores and other buildings that have signed up to have their recycling bin available to the public. Recycling is important since…
7 votes -
Please just show a free driving map without written directions
When you force a listing of written directions or force us to enter a destination, it is annoying and prevents me from seeing the map allowing me to use free driving by the map routes. I do not like driving my car by written directions. I want only to see the map of where I am and drive to wherever I am going.
I really hope this posted feedback matters, but I don't feel that the developers of this app really care about things written here. When this app first came out, it was excellent. Now it is a real…1 vote -
Please keep the Ecto
Please keep the Ecto in the car icons this time around, even if Danny’s voice directions have to go away because of licensing agreements.
I’ve been a user almost since day 1 and have always loved the special promotional additions you all have made, but I drive an Ecto (as do many here in the USA and elsewhere) and was sad when it was dropped from the app last time around. I would really like to see it continue on the app this time.
7 votes -
Warn a user if he/she cannot drive exactly to a target because of traffic limitations
If a target is located on a walking trail or a street not allowed for private cars, warn a user on the start of navigation and again when approaching the target that he/she is led to the nearest available point because of the above obstacle.
2 votes -
Add a cache option
I see a lot more than I can report, then constantly have reports that don't go thru. Please make a cache, so those reports can go thru. Also, make your app more compatible with wifi. I can't avoid the fact that xfinity is wherever I drive.
2 votes -
Vin Scully
LA loves Vin Scully now imagine the Hall of Fame announcer giving you turn by turn instructions with a great Vin Story along the way. Driving in traffic would become an enjoyable experience
51 votes
- Don't see your idea?