Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

3148 results found

  1. REINSTATING THE PREVIOUSLY USED ADDRESSES FUNCTION WHILE DRIVING

    Prior to driving to a new area or a new destination I will drop in addresses/locations into Waze and use them as waypoints as I am traveling. Also, when I am in a new area and I have previously found businesses, etc. that I frequent I would like to be able to have access to those address locations while I am driving like before. Now with the new voice only look up of a business while driving I no longer have access to said previously located addresses or waypoints while driving. I cannot begin to tell you how frustrating this…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Automate road closure Report

    It is difficult to report road closures in real time - especially on a freeway - because of the approach speed and unexpected driving adjustment. If Waze inquired why I missed a turn/off-on ramp it would be helpful. This is similar to when Waze asks "you slowed down - are you in traffic?" If Waze notices that I missed a turn/off-on ramp it should ask "you missed a turn- was there a road closure ?" This way I can report later ( give me 60 secs) when safe. If I just missed the turn because I was distracted or chose…

    116 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Thank you for your valuable feedback. We're pleased to confirm that this suggestion is planned and we appreciate your input as we continue to enhance our product.

  3. Being able to report closed roads when you are not at it

    We need to be able to report closed roads when we are not staring at it or driving. I hate that I can only report closures when I'm there. If I know the road is closed I should be able to report that from a safe place or after the drive. I get that it needs to be verified, but it seems like we should be able to do that by linking state/county reports.

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi. The new version is bad Old was better. Please change so we can see all warnings for accident. Police. Roadwork. And so on. Always and n

    Hi. The new version is bad
    Old was better. Please change so we can see all warnings for accident. Police. Roadwork. And so on. Always and not only when we have navigation activated. Wanna see it all in 1 place as before. Many drive with app open without navigation activated. And if we only can see on navigation road. We miss important Info. And if it is like now only showed on navigation road...then we also miss it if we make a quick detour . This is not good. Take old system back. WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT ? And…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

  5. Need to distinguish between HOV and Express/HOT/Toll lanes

    Maybe this is California specific, but we have both HOV lanes, which require 2+ passengers but have no toll required, and then we have Express Lanes, which are toll lanes that you can drive in regardless of number of passengers, but do require a toll (paid for via a transponder - Fastrak in CA).

    I drive by myself so I cannot use the HOV lanes, but I do have a Fastrak transponder so I can use the Express lanes. But if I tell Waze that I have Fastrak, it automatically also routes me on the HOV lanes, which I cannot…

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Modify Waze CarPlay

    Waze in CarPlay does not correctly visualize the routes to choose them, it does not correctly show the distance, nor does it show the costs of tolls or highways, that information should be available on the CarPlay screen, since according to current laws you cannot take your cell phone while driving.

    54 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    2 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Limiting typing while "driving" does more harm

    Voice only while driving limitation is only making the driving much more distracting and dangerous in certain non-english areas such as Bulgaria for example. Where the voice commands are not working properly. I want for my passenger to be able to type in an address while I am driving, so I won't be distracted by battling with the voice commands and constantly checking what was actually found by them and if it's the correct place. Also why is that even when I pull over and completely stopped I still can't type in. My car is not moving... It's really a…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to automatically disable WiFi

    When transitioning from WiFi to 3G or vice versa, Waze often loses a connection and becomes useless, requiring us to restart the app. I imagine this would be a problem for anyone who drives by a wireless network that they use often (home, work, school, etc.) This could be avoided by giving the user the option to automatically disable WiFi connections within Waze. This option would prevent users from having to disable WiFi before starting Waze every time.

    40 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve waze when traffic is lighter than usual

    Hi, It seems that the algorithm is mainly based on statistics of traffic. I can explain: August 15th was a day off in France and of course the traffic was very very light But when using Waze that day, the time and routes poposed by Waze were fully erroneous and really not usable at all! Sytadin.fr was enough that day to decide where to drive...
    This kind of issueof course occurs for all holidays, like during summer or Christmas holidays.
    Is there a way to improve that?
    Thank you

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Waze notifies you of toll roads approaching

    I drive around with Waze on there's no set destinations so I can know how traffic is Flowing, speed limits, hazards and such notifications as that. What waze should do is have a notification of toll roads if you are driving in their Direction if your avoid toll road option is on

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bring back "See yourself on the map" option

    I actually really miss the "see yourself on the map" option. I used it as a profile card and a way to show my friends my status and my cute Waze avatar. Now, I've finally got the crown and I have no way to show it off. Maybe there could be a status badge or something with our profile picture, the waze avatar, and some stats. Or you could just bring back what you already had. Thanks!

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After the last update waze has become worse

    Dear developers.
    (If you are still reading this)
    No offense, but, after each update,
    waze, it is getting worse and worse.
    a feeling that you want to screw up this application,
    that all was abandoned.
    I confess, and I have such a thought slips, carry waze and go on something else. the good thing laid a lot.
    Lord, developers do not need to invent or anything, just carefully read the user reviews.
    After the last update waze began to fail even more. It lost a lot of functions, such as viewing events. the interface is not convenient! stael more children,…

    7 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Track my car's vitals; build database for community benefits

    This is a big idea, no small undertaking I know. I'd like to combine my GPS app with the functionality of an app like Gas Cubby, which tracks my MPG at every fill-up and alerts me when my car is due for maintenance.

    Here's how I envision it:
    -I tell Waze what car I drive: ex: 2003 Saturn Vue, 6 cyl, automatic
    -Every time I stop to fill up, I tell Was
    a) What my current odometer reads (waze should know how many miles I've driven in theory, but this is a checksum validation in case I forgot…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Police

    Sorry to upset all of the folks asking for more features to warn of police presence but this is a childish feature which should be removed. Waze is a great app and you would be best served by taking the "high road" and promoting the app as an aid to road safety by making drivers aware of road situations and hazards. But many wazers like me have their kids also driving and I am just waiting with dread for the day that a fellow wazer tells a drunken driver how to avoid a policeman and then that drunk …

    95 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add low-speed vehicle (LSV) option

    LSV are allowed to drive on road not exceeding 35 mph. It would be useful to navigate only on these roads from point A to B.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have optional driving laws and safe driving test and make results viewable to nearby Wazers.

    This will help improve safe driving as well as help Wazers make informed decisions about driving near/with other Wazers.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Keep speedometer beeping

    Keep speedometer beeping all the time you are driving over speed limit to force you slow down.

    28 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Always show typical route

    I often drive the same route, and Waze likes to offer alternatives. Fine, but always show my typical route so I can evaluate whether saving 2 minutes on a 2 hour drive is worth taking some magical mystery tour.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 20 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?