Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Speed bumps warnings

I would like to suggest that WME could allow users to edit the map to indicate speed bumps warning to work like radars. This should be useful since in Brazil several speed bumps are not clearly marked or painted. There have been described too many occasions that we have been caught unexpectedly by an unmarked/unpainted speed bump during the night. This can be a life safer by avoiding the potential damage in our cars and, obviously, in our lives.

2,697 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BrazBraz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Victor Rica TaboadaVictor Rica Taboada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Braz:

I would add the "badenes" as they are called here in Argentina. They are the same as bumpers but down.

Gostaria de adicionar os "badenes", como são chamados aqui na Argentina. Eles são o mesmo que "speed bumps", mas abaixo.

• ErsonSergioErsonSergio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ótima sugestão. Por mim já estaria aprovada.

Aqui no interior do RN tem muitas lombadas que faltam sinalizações tanto em placas. (Arrancadas em batidas e/ou vândalos que tiram,) como as sinalizações na pista, que estão apagadas.

• FranciscoFrancisco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be a problem in several countries. Especially in Brazil is very common. Would be very ultil if had the option marked on the map.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No solo en Brazil , hay muchos países donde es necesario este tipo de advertencia, como México.

• TehranNowTehranNow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't realize importance of this until when I was in a road full of speed bumps in the dark. They weren't painted and my passenger had a bad lower back pain!

• Чо SmileЧо Smile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my country we call these bumps: "lie down policeman" and the road's pothole: "lie down policewoman", both lowering car speed :)

I think pothole and speed bump have almost the same negative effects / consequences.

So IMHO this is an extremely necessary option next to pothole report.

speed bumps are there to save people. but i have seen people dying by speed bumps
        when a driver that didnt know there is a speed bump.
        he hit the bump with high speed and crashed into a woman who was crossing the road in night
        if there wasnt that bump he could control the car while it wasnt flying in the air
        and if he knew about it that woman would be alive now

• ArianArian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

لطفا ثبت و اطلاع رادار برای دست انداز و چاله اضافه بشه

i drive about 100-km to my work office and 100-km come-back to home.
        So I forced to drive with high speed.

Unfortunately, there are too many speed bumps on my path.

and i fly on it with high speed.

Please give me a chance to save this speed-bumps and save my life.

Best Regards,
        Rahimi.

Speed bump warnings would be brilliant. Most of the time a slightly longer trip would be more more economical on fuel and car ware/tear, than a route plagued with speed bumps..

Having these factored into the recommendation for the route to take would be good as well. I have a few ways to get to my house, one has speed bumps and obviously reduces possible speed (below speed limit) vs other and yet is considered the faster route by Waze.

• AdrianoAdriano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waze could also use the phone sensors (gyroscope, accelerometer...) to preview where a speed bump is located.

• Dave WeddDave Wedd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an option to avoid dirt roads. I'd like to have an option to avoid road humps, but first Waze needs to be able to let us record the location of roads with humps.

• PatrickBLopesPatrickBLopes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a good can add speed bumps on roads knowing that sometimes there are neighborhoods in an avenue has 30 or more bumps is inevitable not skip some when driving along these routes.

• Ronald SekkelRonald Sekkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature for those living in places where speed bumps are common - including for us - brazilians. It may not sound as important for those living in countries where speed bumps are rare and well signalized, as in US and EU. Here you may find a speed bump 25cm high without any previous signaling. Some bumps cannot be hit over 10 or 20km/h.

It would be a plus if the bump alert only comes out if wazer is running over a speed limit consistent with the bump height, pretty much like the radar alert only comes out if one is running over the speed limit.

• Sergio RuelasSergio Ruelas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a lowered car, and pot holes and speed bumps are my worst enemies. I literally have to hit 3mph and come in at an angle at every single speed bump. Especially those jagged ones that look like tire and rim killers.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base