Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

850 results found

1. Vehicle ideas

Would like to see the Mini Cooper added to the choice of vehicles.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Obscured vehicle speed

When driving in an average speed trap zone, the vehicle speed is partially obscured by the average speed trap indicator.
    ALSO.. when approaching a speed camera while in the zone a banner pops up TOTALLY obscuring the vehicle speed until the camera proximity is passed.
    This is a NEW FAULT affecting only average speed zones since a recent update when a banner issue obscuring speed indicator for all speed cameras was resolved
    Please resolve this frustrating issue.
    Vehicle speed is obscured JUST when you need it most. Thank you !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create Waze Vehicle Profiles

It would be nice to have Vehicle profiles, and change them rapidly on the Main Menu.
    For example:
    I use a Private Diesel Car most of the times.
    I also ride a Gasoline Motorcycle (witch can ride the BUS lane in Oporto - Portugal)
    I can also use an TAXI Electrical Car.

In this case I should be able to create 3 Vehicle profiles on the Settings, and on the main menu, choose witch one we want to use at the moment, so that routes can be calculated accordingly. Otherwise, I must go to Definitions and Change the Type of …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add an Electric Motorcycle vehicle type!

You have an option for Electric Vehicles, and for Motorcycles. But what about Electric Motorcycles?! I have a 2021 Zero SR/S - but there are many other models and brands of electric motorcycles now - LiveWire, Energica, Sondors, Surron, etc! Zero has been making electric motorcycles for ~13 years now in CA. Right now I have to choose whether I want EV relevant info, or motorcycle relevant info in the Waze app. Please consider adding a Electric Motorcycle vehicle type for us lucky users, in this growing market segment!

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Vehicle park

For me with two car and one motorcycle could be helpful if I have a park which can contain my vehicle and before the ride and I can choose from them.
    These vehicles has different settings. Type, vignettes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve ways to report your own hazard in your vehicle

, slow moving vehicle option for yourself when you are having your own hazard. We had a problem on the New Jersey Turnpike where are trailer that our boat was sitting on was breaking so we had to drive 10 to 15 miles an hour to get safely to the next exit. I wanted to post slow moving vehicle as a hazard but there was no option. So I kept posting Hazard on the road vehicle on the road and then I typed in slow-moving vehicle. And I kept doing that every mile or so then Waze wanted to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Large buttons, not list style

With the Waze beta version on Android Auto, I really dislike how some options are in list form or with small icons.

eg: when I try to post that there is a stopped vehicle on the shoulder, I like the large layout of how the Hazards are displayed. I dislike that the proceeding options are in a list: that sometimes need to be scrolled. It is hard to press on these accurately, especially when driving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow me to delete the hazard "Vehicle stopped on shoulder" without deleting all hazards

You need to be able to split which road hazards you want or don't want. I would kill to be able to stop being told about a vehicle on the shoulder but still be able to know about other hazards. Seriously, if the vehicle is on the shoulder it isn't a hazard.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Minecraft Vehicle

Dear Waze,

My name is Eva Lucia Giralt and I’m almost 8 years old and live in Brooklyn NY. I’ve been riding in my dad’s car since I was a baby and we always use Waze. My favorite vehicle avatars so far are the meow mobile and the woof wagon.

I would really love it if you could make a Minecraft vehicle avatar; maybe even a dog and cat version. I ask because the 1.19 update just came out for Minecraft and this would be a great time to make a new avatar to go with this update.

All my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3D Touch menú to change vehicle type

I love motorcycle mode. Half the time I'm on the motorcycle, half the time I'm in a car. I wish there was a 3D Touch menu to change vehicle type because I'm changing from car to motorcycle many times a week.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already has an ability to easily switch between Motorcycle and Car mode.
    On iOS simply click on your car arrow to open the switch vehicle type menu. On Android you can do same, or you can call out this menu by clicking “Car info” at the bottom of the screen.

11. Allow me to select the position of the vehicle cursor or icon.

Allow me to select the position of the vehicle cursor or icon on the map manually. Currently the Vehicle icon or cursor is only positioned in the middle of the map when in landscape mode and only at the bottom of the map in portrait mode. I would like to be able to manually select the ideal position on the map for the vehicle icon. Or allow options like top, middle or bottom of page.
    This will really assist when in landscape mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Vehicle on left side of highway

Please add an option to report a vehicle stopped on the LEFT side of the highway. Often a Wazer will report a car on the side of the road, but it’s actually against the left wall and it’s confusing and dangerous.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Suggestion to add 'vehicle stopped in lane' in the 'hazard on road' option.

I often encounter vehicles stopped in the lane on the interstate as well as the surface streets. It would be helpful to have an option to report that hazard just as you can report a vehicle stopped on the side of the road. This would definitely help drivers so that they are aware and prepared for that hazard.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Heavy traffic: "make a corridor for emergency vehicle access"

Hello,

in some countries it is mandatory to make a corridor for emergency vehicle access (According to Wikipedia: Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary and Germany) when you are stuck in heavy traffic. Although there are a lot of campaigns on building a "Rettungsgasse" in Germay, a lot of people still don't do it, potentially endangering the life of the victims of accidents.

I suggest adding the recommendation to form this corridor to the alert for heavy traffic and standstill.

Cheers

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add slow moving vehicle category

add a category whichwould allow users to identify if there are slow moving vehicles such as semi trucks Amish buggies or farm vehicles on route
    this could also assist truck drivers

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Variable speed for different vehicle classes

The speed limit for diffent commercial vehicles is different.
    Small vans, lorries, trailers etc.

My proposal is to be able to choose your vehicle class so the speed limit warning and display is accurate to the vehicle you are driving.

Cheers, Paul.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Vehicle Gloss Weight, Vehicle Height and weight restrictions

Show weight limits on streets for example 3.5T , 5T and such, as a van driver I struggle sometimes to find a route myself to go around a street that has a less then 3.5 Tones limit or bridge that has a height of less than 3.2 meters. It would be really useful if you could make a note of these limits and automatically save time.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Vehicle on side of road

Stop notifying others of a vehicle on the side of the road if they’re actually in a designated pull off area.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I use 2 different vehicle(motorbike,car). If I change it, the app forget the vehicle settings(petrol type, vignettes).Please develope it!

I use two different vehicle (motorbike, car). If I change it, the app forget the vehicle settings (petrol type and highway vignettes). Please develope it!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Shortcut to "Vehicle Stopped On Side of Road"

I found a post from 2016 asking for this and it still hasn't been implemented!

There should be a shortcut on the navigation screen to send a "Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder" report with a single click.

This is, by far, the most common type of report and it currently requires FIVE button presses - all of them while looking down at the screen. A user-configurable single-click report button would be even better, but a "Vehicle Stopped On Shoulder" button would be a massive improvement to the current 5-clicks.

This has been suggested many, many times over the past…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base