Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3150 results found
-
Remove "Missing Overpass" map error report category.
That vast majority (all but maybe 1 or 2, in all the time I have been editing) of reports for "Missing Overpass" have been for overpasses that exist on the map, but are invisible at highway speeds on the app. Because some users do not understand how speed-based zoom works, that assume these overpasses are missing, and report every one they drive under until someone responds to a UR explaining why they don't see them. This is causing a large amount of unnecessary UR's and subsequent follow-up. In the US anyway, it would seem we could do completely without this…
4 votesAdminElla (Waze Team) (Admin, Waze) responded
-
Calculate ETA based on own average speed
ETA calculation seems to be based on traffic conditions and general average speed. ETA calculation seems to be inaccurate when driving below the average speed of the road-segment as it keeps increasing while driving with constant (low) speed.
It would be great if ETA calculation would also be accurate for vehicles going below average speeds (e.g. trucks in europe etc.)
133 votes -
1 vote
Thanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Why is waze demanding my date of birth?
Waze displayed a screen demanding my date of birth while I was driving and using it for navigation. This screen cannot be closed and reappears when Waze is restarted. I consider this both an unwarranted invasion of privacy and more importantly HIGHLY IRRESPONSIBLE of your programmers to make this occur while the app is in use in a moving vehicle. I have used Waze for many years and recommended it to many friends and colleagues. I am now however being forced to stop using Waze unless I comply with this unwarranted data demand.
5 votes -
Make Waze continue running in background untill it is turned off
I use my phone for more than just Waze when I'm driving. Waze does not consistently run in the background when I switch to control another app (even when I'm driving on the highway at 65 mph). I'd really like to see an option in settings to keep Waze active until I manually exit. Alternatively, how about an option that keeps Waze active as long as my phone is in the car dock?
311 votes -
View a larger area of the map on phone while driving.
Please give the option to view a larger area of the map while driving. When on auto-zoom it's really close and you cannot see the road at least a few miles ahead.
9 votes -
Routing quality has plummeted after the Google acquisition - please get it back in shape!
(copied over from https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96033)
I am a passionate Waze user who has converted many friends to the app, and has become a top 4% reporting contributor (I don't participate at all in any other gamified apps or websites). But now my support is waning fast.
Ever since Google bought Waze, routing has progressively become worse and worse. I initially switched to Waze because Google Maps routing had become horrible - inefficient routes when there were obviously better ways to go, etc. Waze does awesomely creative things like telling me to get off the freeway at an exit then immediately…
3 votesThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Stop letting people mark reports as "not there" and then duplicate them for themselves. People need to stop being so point hungry
People.... Especially late at night will mark your report as "not there" then duplicate it. I drive wake everyday every time I drive. I report honestly. I honestly don't really care about points. And I get a lot of thumbs up. And thanks in my inbox everyday. But it's really annoying when people with their stupid crowns following you... And within the 60 min frame. Mark your report as not there. Then duplicate it so they can get points for themselves.
I don't understand it. At all.
People need to use the app the way it was meant to…2 votes -
Stop popups while driving
Our insurance provider gives a discount for safe driving. To get the discount I can't touch a screen while driving. While driving using Waze, popups block the screen but I can't close them. If there is no way to disable ALL popups, I will uninstall waze and find another app.
4 votes -
Leaderboard for miles driven
There should be a leaderboard that's based on your miles driven. It gives you points based on how far you drive. Then gives you car unlocks after hitting certain milestones, 100mi, 500mi, etc.
Bonus points should be given for miles driven in heavy traffic. A set multiplier based on the color of the traffic i.g 1x for green, 2x for yellow, and 5x for red.
2 votes -
Navigation avoid freeway is buried too deep add a choice for both to appear in routes as in Los Angeles always getting on and off freeway
Navigation is buried now I need to drive street or freeway all the time. Have a choice for freeway and street routes to appear when starting the app going back and forth is cumbersome and difficult if I need to leave freeway. Or bring choice to one click instead of three or four.
5 votes -
Flight times
I would like to post an idea about flights. I thought it could be helpful for myself and for others. I live in Indiana and often drive to O’Hare airport in Chicago to pick up family and friends visiting, or to get to the airport to catch a flight myself. It would be nice if in the “plan a trip” you can enter a flight number and day of flight so that it reminds you when to leave like other trips that you plan based on the flight information. Have an arrive for a flight option or pickup option so…
1 vote -
Commuter tips & tricks
How about using everyones experience in commuting to add tips that pop up while driving a route? example: use the left lane at this intersection to get through faster, or temporary construction right lane closed etc. Utilize the knowledge of people that drive these routes everyday and their daily experience and observations on the route they drive every day.
2 votes -
Resuming navigation dismisses programmed stop
When using Waze on Android Auto, after having disconnected the phone from the car, the current drive to the destination resumes but any stops previously set are dismissed.
1 voteThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Please can you allow integration to move around the icons for Music and Speedo on the map
Be able to move the speedo around. I understand this varys on left or right hand drive options. But just being able to move it around will be great. The music for spotify/apple music would be great too
5 votes -
15 votes
-
Quick-report presets
The amount of phone interaction required for reporting is a bit onerous while driving. Tap to Report > select category > add optional additional info > send. I often skip reporting altogether to avoid distracting from driving.
I would love to see the ability to have one-touch presets for making reports from the main screen. A single tap to mark & send a report on an accident, hazard, or speedtrap, etc.
User might even be allowed to customize which presets are present and/or include specific text (i.e. "Left lane closed") for frequent events.
420 votesWe plan to work on Quick-report presets in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.
-
paris
The residents of the Center of Paris have a specific authorization to drive through all the Center of Paris (boroughs 1 to 4). For example, the residents can drive through Rue de Rivoli.
Could you create an option on Waze to indicate that we have this specific authorization?2 votes -
'Plan a Delivery'
I'm a fast food delivery driver who uses Waze to get around it would be nice to have next to recent, saved places & plan a drive a plan a delivery option where you can quickly add multiple destinations similar to add a stop apart from you can add more than one and it automatically does the nearest locations first, obviously this isn't useful for people not working in delivery so I'd suggest hiding the option by default and have a delivery driver setting to reveal it
Also a must have for delivery drivers is to show…
10 votes -
Speedvan
Adding Speedvan. Sometimes I drive and waze informs that the police are in front of me and there is sometimes a speedvan. Would be nice to have this option.
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?