Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

141 results found

1. Accident alert to phone messages or email in real time in a chosen area or district

Hi Waze team

I’m from Sydney Australia,
    My staff and I all use Waze for our navigation and we love it.

I have a suggestion,

Is there a way to get a sound alert when someone reports an accident or heavy traffic in a certain district or area ?

If we are able to nominate an area of our city that we would like notifications on,

It could even send a text message to our phone

This would be a great addition to help avoid accident or traffic before we even jump in the trucks

Reg

From Sydney

🙂👍🏼

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Graves rd in acworth Georgia is a 25mph neighborhood road. All kinds trucks and gov vehicle snd other vehicles from neighborhood speed

Reroute traffic around neighborhood which is just as easy and avoid children being hit by idiots passing through doing 55mph in 25 mph zone. Graves road acworth ga. Instead make people take cedarcrest rd which is a rd that doesn't pass through neighborhood

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Low clearance feature

There should be a feature that allows you to select routes for oversized trucks- tractor trailers keep getting stuck in the sumner tunnel or moving trucks on storrow drive all the time!! This is Boston MA but I’m sure other places could benefit too

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Added icons response vehicle's that transmit to the intelligent traffic system

Add icons for tow trucks and roadside response vehicle that have ability to report to the smart traffic management system. I use the pi-link system that reports to waze and maps, however I show on map as a car on shoulder, not an emergency tow response. I work with odot and multiple law enforcement agencies. The more warning drivers have the more likely I am not going to be another emergency responder hit by another motorist

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Commenting on police

Some cities use white pick up trucks no markings in the middle of the highway most people will think it’s a construction vehicle

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. See if possible to do the 8appreciated thank

If possible to get the GPS to work without data also if you can have Roots make made for trucks and for buses by sizes will be most appreciated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Frequent Reporting Flag

I got flagged for "frequent reporting" this morning. There were 3 trucks and 1 car all on the side of the road, about 1/8 of a mile apart. I reported them and got flagged. As one of the top Waze users in my state, I don't appreciate getting flagged. You should have more flexibility for reporting, as a function of your ranking, or something. Don't bite the hand that feeds!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. a New Yellow Vest Pin for France

Hello Waze;)
    I'm sorry to write to you on Saturday.
    Today, truckers are starting to block borders and, in general, we do not know where they are parked, to go and support them.
    You can make available yellow vests, a new logo additional, yellow vest, for use by truckers.
    If a truck driver wishes to extend his stop on a parking lot, for example, he could then put a yellow vest tag at the place where he is parked and yellow vests could support him in his stop, without the employer of this driver can revoke his driver's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't save a Prayer - Send a Message - OCC - Open Cam Car 33 - Brasil

Hello my name is Raphael Malatesta i'm 36 years old i wasborn and live in São Paulo City Brazil. I have a FIAT STRADA 1.6 16 car. Today i was travelling throght two cities transporting some things and on the top of this car charge had an mattress. I tied it with an cord but to my surprise when i finished my final destiny where was the mattress? I lose it during the travell. I remember that an car truck driver used your own horn to something but i don't realized nothing wrong and i followed the travel. But it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Waze made Auto Nav System

Compact Waze Nav system for autos, tablet size minimum to install on cars, trucks etc for Navigation & get feed Map guides, others for route,Dont have to use phone for Navigation.
    OrZipdrive for cars with estd Nav displays for Waze.
    Must do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On Navigation preferences

Could you add an “Avoid Parkways”feature?
    Small commercial vehicles like pick up trucks and small vans are not allowed in parkways in Ct and NY and it’s really complicated to move around those areas because Waze will calculate all routes using the Parways.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Closed road segment indicator

Due to road reconstruction, since the 16th of August and until , at least, the 22nd of December, the "rue nationale" in Charenton-du-Cher (France) is totally closed to both way traffic between, at the west, the crossroad with "rue neuve" and, at the east, the crossroad with "D41e".

Alternate local trafic is possible for light vehicles by "rue neuve" and "D41e". 

Trucks trafic, totally forbiden through Charenton-du-Cher, has to follow signs to alternate routes.

The Android Apps doesnt allow to indicate a closed road "long segment" which in this case would be very usefull !

Could you also put…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. audio too low

I believe that the audio volume when using Bluetooth devices is too low, being the audio regulation inseparable from the smartphone audio itself. While, instead, driving indications’ audio on some occasions should be regulated separately and even put at full blast in order to prevent driving background rumors, lorries or trucks driving parallely, or even the kids’ soundtrack playing in the car, superimposing the audio for the driving indications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. TOWNS should be able to submit DO NOT USE THIS ROAD on certain roads

Towns should have a way of reporting problems with rerouting. In the case of many small towns intersecting two major highways, not all roads are appropriate for heavy traffic.

Towns should have a way to “prevent through traffic” on Waze, since Waze users totally blow off “no thru traffic” signs!

For example, small towns still using one lane bridges need to be able to prevent over use and over-weight; afternoon traffic blocking residential roads just because someone is trying to bypass an on-ramp; especially tricks using small town roads not equipped for big trucks and curbs, lawns, and lights…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Residential cut through traffic

Anchorage, Kentucky 40223: Routing from Evergreen Road north to Ridge Road or SR146 takes Waze users down Log Cabin Lane or Woodland Road to Glenbrook Road to avoid the intersection at Evergreen and SR 146. These streets are residential with no businesses, churches, or other stops for non-residents. Traffic has increased dramatically, including trucks. Pedestrians, children and pets are at great risk of injury or death just to save a couple of minutes. Please change this routing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A Couple of ideas

I live in Maryland and would like to make a couple of suggestions. First, Maryland has a new law where you are supposed to pull over for any vehicles now, not just Police, Emergency and Tow trucks. Can you modify the program so it would display which side of the road the vehicle is on so I could possibly move over ahead of time. Secondly, can you add a simple button for vehicle on the left side of the road, on the right side and for a police car.. I don't like going through all of the buttons to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. hgv option

I think your missing a trick here, having hgv’s given the opportunity to contribute in use of the app would give so much more information when it comes to active users and traffic jams. Hgv’s are in constant use therefore giving updates on traffic jams and more reports more frequently also giving Waze the options to pre-warn car users. To avoid the area at a glance should they see an area of users and being able to tell if it’s a hgv or car user in the shared icon would also be advantageous with an added extra of adding load…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Terceira faixa --- Third track

Nas estradas onde não existem pista dupla, os motoristas ficam ansiosos para realizar ultrapassagens para evitar veículos lentos. As oportunidades de ultrapassagem podem ser previstas pelo waze que indicaria na tela a aproximação, inicio e fim da terceira faixa. Geralmente a terceira faixa existe em aclives, para que veículos lentos, caminhões etc mudem para a direito facilitando assim a ultrapassagem dos carros mais rápidos. Se os wazers pudessem programas as ultrapassagens nesses pontos que são fixos, a ansiedade poderia ser controlada e inúmeros acidentes evitados! ----- On roads where there are no dual carriageway, drivers are eager to perform to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ALERTA PARA FAIXA DUPLA/TRIPLA NA BR -- ALERT FOR DOUBLE/TRIPLE BAND IN BR

Gostaria de sugerir que o aplicativo informe no mapa quando o carro estiver próximo de uma faixa dupla/tripla na BR. Esta função pode evitar ultrapassagens desnecessárias na BR quando o usuário do aplicativo estiver viajando. Diversas vezes quando viajo, vejo motoristas desesperados para ultrapassarem caminhões, principalmente à noite. E em algumas destas vezes, poucos metros depois nos deparamos com a faixa dupla/tripla na estrada, o que torna a ultrapassagem desnecessária naquele momento. Dessa forma, fica a minha sugestão para inserir um aviso, do mesmo modo que ocorre com as sinalizações de radar nas estradas. Desde já, agradeço.

I would suggest…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A couple of suggestions

Hello,

Recently, the application has been frequently unresponsive to touches. This is not a phone error.

It would be helpful if a long press could be used to select a segment on the route that I do not want to take, so that the application can calculate an alternate route. It would also be great if I could create a blacklist of segments that I don't want/can't drive on.

Why can't buildings be displayed on the map for better orientation, or at least their numbers, even if only within, say, 200m of the destination?

It would also be great if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base