Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3148 results found
-
I would like Waze to show me the recommended speed to avoid multiple stops while in slow moving traffic jam
Especially when driving regular gear cars, you prefer to drive slowly but steady, rather than stopping and accelerating consistently. This is also favorable in fuel consumption manners. In the long run, if a lot of users will obey this feature it could consequently help to promote the traffic congestion by preventing multiple stops, and improve the traffic flow.
13 votes -
Reduce taps required from search to navigation
Currently from the time I see an address for which I've searched to when I'm able to just drive and see the map and directions, there are FOUR TAPS in between those two things happening.
Tap 1 — Seeing the address as text in search results.
Tap 2 — Seeing the address as an official box in results.
Tap 3 — Seeing the address on a map with parking options
Tap 4 — Directions calculated, and clearing option to choose routes.When a person is starting to drive, that's quite frustrating.
I just want to GO. Please reduce this…
11 votes -
server timeout on long drives
I consistently get server timeouts on longer drives. I live in Rocklin, CA and when I try to navigate to a place in Big Sur, CA I always get the server timeout error and it's frustrating. The drive is about 6 hours and for some reason wake can't handle this. I'm not sure what needs to happen to fix this. Maybe allow for increase in the timeout (I don't mind waiting a little bit longer) or put in some back in server fixes to speed up calculations for longer routes.
2 votesThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Both Android and IPhone users on the same map
While driving with a friend who had an iPhone5 (I have a Samsung S3), we noticed that our maps were not showing the same wazers or reports. Displaying both will give more accurate reports and be more fun! I want to see all reports and friends, not just those on Android!
2 votesThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
Reminder: time to take a break!
We suggest introducing notifications that would remind drivers to take a 10 minute break when they have driven for 2 hours non-stop, and after a 4 hour drive would suggest taking a 20 minute power nap.
Research by the Latvian Road Traffic Safety Directorate shows that 11,7% of drivers are at high risk of falling asleep, and 1/3 of all drivers have experienced falling asleep at the wheel for a second in the last year.
By reminding drivers how important it is to take breaks, Waze can help prevent tragic accidents and save lives.
Latvian…
2,167 votesThank you for your suggestion!
We are currently not planning on adding resting alerts or reminders.
Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram -
Stop routing traffic down quiet residential streets
Your app has a very narrow focus. It doesn't take the actual street or the people that live on it into consideration. I have lived on a very quiet residential street until your app has increased in popularity. Thanks to your app, our street is now like a mini-highway and two neighbor pets have recently been killed. Additionally, your ignorant app doesn't take into consideration that it is directing traffic to take a very dangerous left turn onto Briarcliff Road. The results have been numerous accidents. Please take Stephens Drive, 30329 off your cut throughs at once.
432 votesThanks for your feedback. At this time, this doesn't fit on our roadmap, but we'll keep it in mind for future product planning.
-
Multiple sorting in Saved Places: A-Z, Z-A; Entered - ascending/descending; Tagging - multiple and editable
Tagging examples - "work" "family" "health" "friends" "business" "shopping" "groceries"
5 votes -
Display big warning on wrong way driving
When you drive wrongway, display a big warning.
1 vote -
Police camera ≠ police report
In some countries, it is not allowed to drive with an app giving the exact locations of police cameras (automatic speed control), waze intelligently gives the area where the police cameras are (very useful alert and the utilization of waze is allowed).
But to fight the concept of the "area" most of drivers post a police location each time they pass beside a police camera (I have observed it, a police camera in Paris France is reported every 15 min, sometime several times).
Consequence : waze gives the exact location of each police cameras everyday, every time.
The problem…31 votes -
When you driving on a average speed zone
When you driving on a average speed zone than your left green panel what is showing the distance from average speed zone should show the speed too and the panel should change to red if the speed is more than the allowed average speed Also it should check the speed between one camera to the second one and not just from the first and last camera
57 votes -
Voice of Peter Cullen
I'd love getting my drive/ride narrated by Peter Cullen aka Optimus Prime
6 votes -
Show live speed on ETA share
When sharing your route/ETA with friends show the current speed you're driving on the map.
2 votes -
Add Follow
Would waze be interested incorporating the Follow App?
See link below
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/follow-drive-together-the-multiple-car-tracker/
5 votes -
Allow us (the users) to turn off &/or permanently disable "Drive with The Fraggles"
Every day I say "No thanks" to that fraggles thing but it continues to reappear. Please allow us users to turn off that cutesy crap. I'm not a teenager, I'm an adult and do not want this feature and never will. It takes us precious screen space and is absolutely of no use to me...and probably most adults. I appreciate others may want it, so I understand showing these things, but they should be able to be disabled so those of us that don't want to see it aren't forced to. Please let us be able to make that choice.…
3 votes -
Hardware needed!!
Why don't you create a hardware for this amazing software? It would be great to have my nav systems ready when I get into my car, so don't have to put my phone on the holder every time I drive...
5 votes -
Set permanent preferred routes for common commute such as: home to work and work to home
Set permanent preferred routes for common commute such as: home to work and work to home. Most people already have a set route preferred from home to work and back. Also set ways to drive to the everyday shopping stores. For those common commutes, it would be useful if Waze would give you your preferred route for the routes you have established in the favorites menu to location, rather than one based on set rules. It would be even more interesting if waze can learn your preferred routes when you commute to locations set in the Favorites list.
314 votesGreat news! Setting your preferred route is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.
-
Bus lanes - when you are allowed to use them - or is there any bus lane watch out for
I would love to see bus lanes in Waze. I live in London, driving 50 or so miles a day and I think it would help to get from A to B faster.
In London majority of bus lanes are restricted for certain times.
for example 07 am to 10 am and any other times anyone can use it. Or different times, the point is that they are not always restricted.The way I see it, a small icon on the screen that resembles to something like a bus lane when the bus lane where you are is blue when…
44 votesGreat news! Taxi/Motorcycle/Public transportation (Bus lane) mode is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.
-
Finnish voice navigation
My family and friends would be interested in trying Waze, but they would need Finnish voice in addition to the Finnish UI. Their English isn't so well and that makes them use other navigation solutions that do support Finnish.
4 votes -
Meet another wazer
Add a feature to allow two wazers to request and approve to meet each other, which would show "distance apart" and possibly route to a central location, possibly a parking lot. It would most likely initiate from a friends list, or be able to recognize names on the seach location screen, which would send a meeting request to the friend wazer, allowing them to accept the request and initiate the routing.
8 votes -
Your new app is BAD. THE “plan a drive” is buried, there still isn’t an easy way to add a stop. I’ve quit using Waze as my regular map.
Make the app ACCURATE, and easy to use, plan a drive, change starting location, correct lanes to be in.- NO, I can’t “ stay in the HOV lane” , and exit the freeway at the same time!
I can’t be in the leftmost turn lane, and exit right to the freeway!
I’d like it to be easy to use-change start location, add a stop, maybe even help me route a drive- which stop in which order ( start and stop location, with 2-3 stops on the way)1 vote
- Don't see your idea?