Waze Suggestion Box
- There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
- You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
- This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
- Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
- You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
- Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
- By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
- Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
- Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
- or
3152 results found
-
How long drive through lines at fast food restaurants, airport TSA, etc
All of us Wazers Siri are smart phones with us regardless of driving. Wouldn’t be ideal if we knew how long it would take to get it through TSA or even departure from home using Uber or lift the wait how long to get through security into her seat on the plane and even further to the hotel room yet our location.
1 voteGreat news! The ETA feature is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.
-
Road Avoidance
A way to tell Waze to avoid certain roads in the app, similar to tolls etc. but any road of my choosing.
I sometimes drive vehicles that can’t go down some roads and it would be really useful to be able to tell the app to never navigate me down roads I tell it not too.8 votes -
INCREASE size of the Exit number while driving on highways, etc.
on the screen the size of font of EXIT is way too small.
I want to show you a better design to be able to see the exit number on highways in one quick look, it too hard to read like it is now. how can I send you a jpg image about it? thank you.46 votes -
report something when u park. While driving u can't report accidents etc
While driving today I couldn't report a accident. When I finally stop or parked I still can't report it bc I'm not on that road. Make it so I can still report something by touching the spot where the problem was.
13 votes -
Would like to be able to move a marked hazard.
Sometimes I can't report a hazard in the exact location due to having to drive. When I finally am able to mark a location, I am often far away from the actual event.
3 votes -
can waze autostart when i start to drive? like location change update or any other way
When location is on ,start waze as soon as location changes.Will be perfect for us waze lovers!
3 votes -
Holiday decorations reporting
What if we could “report” holiday decorations and then you could do a drive for where cool holiday decorations have been reported by other Waze users
4 votes -
Stop the pop up
I have recently been getting a pop up box to agree to terms every time I use waze, I drive for lyft and find this extremely annoying as I have an account and once should be enough
3 votesThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
please, hide "my waze" and "search bar" when im driving and no destination is set.
they take half screen when the phone is in landscape orientation (5.5" inch phone)
74 votesThe search bar is hiding in roaming mode after some time.
-
Toll Price Update on Driving
When navigating with toll roads, can we update the toll price display after exiting the toll section? For example, if the route contains two separate toll section, after exiting the first one, the toll display should show the remaining price, and after exiting the second and last toll section, remove the price display?
Currently the toll price display never get updated throughout the drive so it will say the full price even when we are near destination (unless there is a re-routing in the background)2 votes -
Android Auto - Arrange Display based on left or right hand drive and Icon Size and Speed
To save the person stretching to the other side of the screen to click an icon. If you have to stretch to reach it may impact your driving direction, and how long you need to look at the screen for.
For me the Reporting something panel appears on the non-driver side.
Adapt the screen so that icons you click on are always on the drivers side.
When half screen mode, you can not report anything anyway, so consider also making, bigger icons and going through two panels may also be better.
The screen should also indicate the…
2 votes -
It would be nice to just disable the Search bar from view for regular driving when there is no active Waze navigation going on.
yes, I can confirm that the Search bar does indeed disappear from the view when actively navigating. However the issue is that it blocks the view at the bottom when you are just driving normally around when you don't need any navigation and you know where you are going, and you are just contributing the real-time data of the current traffic conditions and you can provide user-submitted reports along the way. It would be nice to just disable the Search bar from view for regular driving when there is no active Waze navigation going on. Thank you for your consideration.
9 votesThanks for your suggestion. Search bar automatically hides after around 30 seconds driving without navigation.
-
Notice on passport needed
Please give a notice when routed through another country where a passport is needed. We were routed through Canada and didn’t realize it because it wasn’t called out. We did not have our passports with us, so had to change our route at the last minute which added miles to our drive.
8 votes -
Alerts based on Route
Since Waze has the ability to track your trips I came up with this.
Lets say you drive to work everyday. You know their are 5 Speed Cameras, 4 Construction Zones and 6 Potholes. Waze should automatically disable it's alerts if you are familiar with the Route.
Lets say it disables it when Waze knows you have been on the same Route for at least a week.
Now if for example later on in the future there is a new Construction, or SpeedCamera installed on the same route it alerts you since it's new.
This would eliminate the need to…
10 votes -
Police Zones
Every time you drive on the highway, there are always spots where cops will hide out. Most people will slow down near no u-turn areas because they know of cops hiding there. When somebody makes a report of a cop in an area multiple times, zones or blue circles should be lightly covered on the map and fade over time. These zones will let users know "hey cops like this area a lot" or "ok cops do camp out over here just not recently". I think zoning is an easy thing to add and it helps people slow down in…
8 votes -
No-go zones
I avoid a bridge that usually stands open when i drive home from work. I would love a possibility to add 'no-go zones'.
4 votes -
waze 4.0.1.1 FC when friends online pop up & tap into active friend list
Waze will FC in the above scenario causing it to be not reliable. Please do something about it.
I've tried clear cache & clear data and still the FC occurred.
1 voteThanks for reaching out. Please note this platform is dedicated to ideas and suggestions for the Waze app. If your idea is for a Community platform like the Waze Map Editor, please submit it through the Community forum. If you need help using Waze, please click here to reach the "Waze support" page.
-
To mark street - Kids are playing
Dear Waze Maps,
My friends and I have come across a problem. This problem is kids playing on a community road/street. This presents a risk to kids , drivers , and property. For example , a kid who is playing on the road could get injured by a car hitting him/her. The car could also swerve and hit another car , injuring the driver and/or car. Another possibility is for the car to hit property like : signs , decorations , houses , or light posts.
A person who is familiar with the road usually doesn't use Waze…
213 votesWe plan to work on marking the street with playing kids in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.
-
Enable passenger search while driving in android auto mode
In android auto the search is removed until the car is stopped. My passenger wants to search for a new location destination. Sadly we have to stop the car to do that. A prompt asking if you are the driver would be better, then allow them to search. How can waze assume all interaction must be the driver?? If the driver declares to be a passenger well that's driver negligence but stop All interaction to prevent that, this renders the app useless at times.
33 votes -
Add the option to Refresh the Routes offered when in view, or Auto-Refresh them
A few years ago I've asked for a quick button for showing alternative routes, which you've implemented, and for that I'm grateful.
This time I want to ask that the list of Routes be continuously updated, either automatically, or with a "Refresh" button at the top.
Most of the time when I drive to work I know the routes and don't need to look at the map, so I would like just the routes page to open - but it doesn't refresh and I need to keep going out of it and back into it to see the updates. It…9 votes
- Don't see your idea?