Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

214 results found

1. Option to change order of search category buttons

I appreciate the category buttons when searching, but they are fixed in place. It would be nice to have the option to change the order of the preloaded search category buttons so I do not have to tap "more" to get to a specific category for search.

For example, I have no need to search for "groceries" but it appears in the first few category buttons. I frequently use the "gas" category search but I have to make additional taps and divert more of my attention to get to other categories via the "more" button.

Ideally, the search categories could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search results  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Problem with new version. Please, please, please...

I own an AppRadio car stereo, which worked perfectly with Waze on my iPhone until last week when I updated Waze (now, two versions ago). Now, some Navigation lists won't not scroll on my AppRadio touchscreen (ie. I can no longer touch-&-drag 1) my Recents list on the main "Navigate" screen, 2) my "Favorites" list, and 3) any "Search results" list after I pick a Category. All other touch functions work (as far as I know), and I am still able to touch-&-drag through the "Categories" list itself (for some reason).

Please, please, please revert to the old…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Glamrock Freddy

I think we all need our favorite dad to tell us if we're going the right way or not.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Get rid of new hamburger menu icon, put functionality back into search screen

New hamburger menu icon doesn't need to be there. Takes up too much space for rarely used functionality. Put settings and stuff back into the search screen. The idea to move that into a totally new icon was bad.

Want to add something useful to the map?

Add a "favorites" icon where when it opens we can have one-tap reporting for report features I use the most- cops, roadkill, traffic - instead of digging around in the reporting screen.

Also, should be able to EXIT waze by swiping from the right edge a couple times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd like to be able to send a single set of directions to a friend or contact through Waze

Enhancement Request
    New functionality request

Add functionality to send a 'single set of directions' to another Waze user.

Sender and receiver would both have to be set be friends in Waze.
    Receiver would have to set a checkbox at the individual contact level (phase 2) or for all contacts (phase 1).
    The directions would be delivered into a delivery queue or directly exported to receiver's favorites list (consider visual queue to distinguish/identify the new favorite.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Alert 'Favorite(s)'

For convenience and driver safety, I'd like to suggest that users be able to set up one (or maybe more) 'favorite' alerts. By far my most common alert is:

Hazard / Shoulder / Vehicle stopped

...and that takes 4 screen touches before it can be sent. Reducing the time that our eyes are off the road is good for everyone. If we could have a customizable pre-programmed alert such as this, I would love the app even more :).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Favoriting places of interest on road trips

We travel east of the Mississippi almost year round for my daughters travel softball tourneys. While making these trips it would be nice to know if there are any of our favorite quick stops (gas, food) like WAWA Sheetz, Bucees. Also restaurants, gas stations, hotels, golf courses etc.

Please create an option where we can favorite 3-5 of our places and the icon will appear on the map while driving down the highway.

Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a "Remember this Route" feature. WAZE should allow me to press a button to begin a route and another button to end the route.

Add a "Remember this Route" feature. WAZE should allow me to press a button to begin a route and another button to end the route. I should be able to save this route as a favorite.
    I don't want Waze to try to optimize my route or change my route in any way.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Final destination announcement/display.

When using a favorite or getting an address from a calendar event, it is often difficult to know exactly where the destination is. without having the full address displayed upon arrival. Rather than saying "You have arrived at your destination," it would be better to say "You have arrived at 3478 NW XX st.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bisa edit rute favorit

I have many ideas but my english is poor so i described by my own language.

1. Bisa edit rute tambahan selain rute yg sudah ada dan diinput manual dengan mengemudi ( ada tombol start dan end ) Setelah diedit bisa disave dan bisa menjadi pilihan untuk rute yg sudah ada dan rute favorit bisa dihighlight
    2. Tambahkan menu edit di pilihan navigasi dan favorit dan pratinjau
    3. Adakan icon baru untuk pemberi masukan dan icon baru untuk yg sudah dikerjakan idenya (icon khusus)
    4. Adakan chat khusus bagi wazer yg sudah menjadi teman dan bisa chat head to head and real time
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Favorite gas stations page

Most of the time I drive on the same roads. Please add page where I can collect my favorite gas stations and check diesel prices at one look, instead of typing the sations one after another.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search results  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Speed limit on Android Auto

Thanks for finally making Waze available on Android Auto but you left out the speed limit and it is one of my favorite features. It's especially helpful in rural areas where speed limit signs are few and far between and it makes it easy for law enforcement to set up speed traps.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. food-truck locations

Living in a big city with lots of major events, it would be great to be able to see what food-trucks are available at events or where your favorite food-truck is located (this would required some sort of GPS tracking option for the food-truck when it is operational).

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding current location as a waypoint

Is there a way to add ones current location (ie via long/lat) to be saved as a favorite? For example, the parking lot we use at the Citrus bowl doesn't have a "street address", however, it does have a "long/lat" address.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Startup sequence is misarranged; initial direction; use accelerometer; easier access to 2d map

I'll describe the problem by describing my experience. Often I'm in a hurry to get directions and go. I start Waze and there's a relatively long wait (4 sec) for the splash screen to pass--understandable, but still a minor annoyance. Then I just want to get to Navigate so I can get my route. But Waze is busy drawing the map for 2-3 sec, which I don't need to see right now. At last I get to Navigate. I select my destination from my favorites and the machine starts route-searching.

Only at this point does Waze decide to display a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Saving favourites

This is not a sugestion. I have a problem. I tried to report via e-mail. Waze sent me a reply... to send sn issue.
    Anyway, I have a problem with my account:

I cannot save places in favorites.
    I tried all: inserting adresses, tapping the map, save curreny location...
    I've reinstall waze and I update the app
    Nothing working.
    Please give me a clue.
    My e-mail: mfuneru@yahoo.com

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  My Waze Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. choose my custom route!

Have you ever thought that the driver does every day the same way to go to work or home, so he already has his favorite ways? Have you ever thought about leaving the driver predefine these paths and when to consult the routes have a new area for "Custom Routes" and showing the conditions of transit and time for those 3 chosen paths? I would feel more comfortable in knowing how long it would take if I had chosen that MY way specifically. Thanks!

514 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Favorite" Hazard Button on Main Screen

ADD single-push hazard button on main screen that activates "Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead," which has to be the NO. 1 hazard all drivers face and encounter.

Pressing 5 buttons to alert others of a "Vehicle Stopped on Shoulder Ahead" is a hazard itself. Now, we click the "Alert" button, then we click the "Hazard" button, then we click the "Shoulder" button, then we click the "Vehicle Stopped" button, then we click the "Send" button.

On my bi-weekly 3-hour trips, I go through that routine 20 times per trip. Clicking 5 buttons for ANYTHING discourages people from using that thing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Johnny Depp

How about our favorite salty pirate? Let's get Johnny Depp to do celebrity voice with turn by turn.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Survivor players (and Jeff Probst) as the Waze voice!

Your favorite Survivor players and Jeff Probst helping you get to your destination would be awesome! You won’t be disappointed at all!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base