Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

523 results found

1. Send lane INTERDICTION alert through the vehicle's multimedia.

Hello, I believe that the following idea is an improvement and it is not a possible bug solution, because the functionality would have been tested before the release of the version.

When trying to send a lane interdiction alert through the vehicle's multimedia, the option does not appear, just using the cell phone without mirroring, I am using a cell phone with an IOS operating system, but the same behavior is seen with cell phones with an Android operating system.

Particularly, I don't walk with my cell phone in hand while driving, nor would I like to stop the vehicle…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Put a bike lane in the Lincoln and Holland tunnels

https://twitter.com/waze/status/1091359985647394816

Nobody can walk into NYC from Jersey City/Hoboken. You need to drive a vehicle or take a bus. Seems really tone def. I'm just following instructions from your twitter account. Would love for you to work with the port authority of new york / new jersey to get a bike lane or some way for pedestrians to walk under the tunnel.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. passing lanes on single lane roads - wouldn't be great if one could get informed how long the incoming passing lane is?

Passing lanes - always a guessing game how long they are - the roads sign is there, and tell you that is coming ahead, but sometimes you have a very short one, meaning you won't be able to pass if you are three cars behind. Would be a good hint to all drivers, as slow down to let pass, or get ready to do a quick passing. - So once the road sign saying passing lane 1 mile ahead - you could tap on screen and see it's length too or set app to warn you if shorter tan…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give the option to say I entered the express lane or not

Every morning Waze says to use the express lane. I usually don’t need to. In the afternoon I am not told to use the express lane. I almost always need to. If I could say when I entered it or not Waze could get better data to suggest when I will need the express lane

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A selection to show traffic on Carpool lane and choose for routes

A selection to show traffic on Carpool lane and choose for routes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

6. Bring back opposite lane reporting

Why on earth was opposite direction reporting removed? I could get quite sarcastic right now, but it's too early..

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Identify when passing is allowed on two lane roads

Two lane roads, usually rural, have designated areas where it is legal to pass. It would be very helpful to have those identified as you approach so you know you will have an opportunity to pass as it approaches. Many times people tailgate until reaching one and this could prevent that activity and make it safer to pass in general.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be amazing to have traffic conditions and route details based on the HOV lane. Thanks!

HOV Lane button would be amazing! I would love to know the traffic conditions based on using the HOV lane. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

9. Lane change is a must like Garmin does

Lane indicator is a must like Garmin do

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add the option to Select the Car Pool Lane when determining routes

Add the option to select the Car Pool Lane when determining the quickest routes. In los angeles and other major cities we have a lot of car pool lanes that do not connect that should be factored into possible routes. Waze already tracks the speed in carpool lanes but does not factor that in when determining quickest route because there is no option to tell it whether you have multiple passengers or not.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Extra grid for the oncoming lane in the Report section

Maybe it would be helpful for others If k coule Report Traffic jam, Road closures for the oncoming lane. So all the grids I can Report on my lane, for the oncoming lane. Tje Point of tjis function would be to warn Others before they have to so an emergency braking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Route info for drivers eligible for the Commute (HOV) lane.

When giving route info do you take into consideration wether commuters are eligible to use the commute (HOV) lane. Some commute lanes require 2 or 3 persons per vehicle. We were traveling form Palm Springs to Redwood City, California, and were diverted to an alternate route because of traffic conditions. We were not sure if the commute lanes
    were also full.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Carpool Lane

Make an opt in feature where it shows where the carpool lanes start and end on the map.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A way to take a picture of slow left lane drivers

Waze users take pictures of slow left-hand lane drivers. Then multiple pictures of the same slow vehicle in the left lane would notify law enforcement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bus lanes - when you are allowed to use them - or is there any bus lane watch out for

I would love to see bus lanes in Waze. I live in London, driving 50 or so miles a day and I think it would help to get from A to B faster.

In London majority of bus lanes are restricted for certain times.
    for example 07 am to 10 am and any other times anyone can use it. Or different times, the point is that they are not always restricted.

The way I see it, a small icon on the screen that resembles to something like a bus lane when the bus lane where you are is…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! Taxi/Motorcycle/Public transportation (Bus lane) mode is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

17. Add “ Reduced to one lane” as a choice for construction

Add a choice of “Reduced to one lane” when posting about road construction or accident scenes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Colour code the best lane options for upcoming turns

It would be fantastic if the lanes could be colour coded for upcoming turns to get you into the best lane possible. Example is if you are a long way from the turn, have all the lanes in Green. Then as you get closer to the intersection, colour the lanes next to your optimal turning lane in Orange and all other lanes in Red. This would then encourage you to get into the correct lane in preparation for your turn well in advance. This would help when you are in heavily congested traffic, multilane highways…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show Lane Guidance Even If Continuing Through Junction

Lane guidance (along with Visual Instructions) is a great and helpful feature, but I've noticed that it really only comes up if making a turn.

There are many locations I've come across as an editor where a Visual Instruction would be great if continuing on the road because it provides the driver with more information. Unfortunately, even if I add it to the system it never comes up because I'm going straight through the intersection/junction.

I think showing lane guidance regardless of the "turn" would make the app more user friendly, but it obviously needs to be balanced to not…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Suggestion to add 'vehicle stopped in lane' in the 'hazard on road' option.

I often encounter vehicles stopped in the lane on the interstate as well as the surface streets. It would be helpful to have an option to report that hazard just as you can report a vehicle stopped on the side of the road. This would definitely help drivers so that they are aware and prepared for that hazard.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base