Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

987 results found

1. Android Auto

Bisher gute Umsetzung,

Leider fehlt mir nach der Verbindung mit Android Auto viele Funktionen (nur ein Beispiel, Anzeige Geschwindigkeit / erlaubte Geschwindigkeit) 

Eine Fahrspurassistent wäre auch sehr gut.aber was mich besonders nervt das er nach Trennung von Android Auto weiterhin navigieren möchte obwohl bereits am Ziel angekommen, toll wäre es wenn man von Android Auto trennt das auch waze beendet wird!

Integration von Google Verkehrsdaten !

Macht weiter so!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improved Google Assistant Integration on Android Auto

The overall issue with Waze seems to be that the phone app is better built than the Android Auto app, which wouldn't be a problem were it not for the fact that it has led to borderline non-existent communication between the Android Auto version of the Google Assistant and the Android Auto Waze app. This problem leads to two main issues: drivers can't report hazards without taking one of their hands off the wheel and their eyes off the road unless they have a passenger on board, and if the driver uses the Google Assistant to ask for directions the…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Road Shields for Carplay and Android Auto

Road Shields in the iOS and Android app look great! I suggest that road shield support is added to Carplay and Android Auto.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Android Themed Icons support

Hi,

It would be great if your app on Android would have a Themed icon.

Since Android 13 Themed Icons is available. https://developer.android.com/about/versions/13/features#themed-app-icons

Please consider to implement this

regards,
    Denes

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Android Auto localized voice search

When using Waze for Android Auto, I would like an additional voice search icon to be available at the search input box. This voice search should work the same way as Waze for Android voice search works.

This is especially important for languages where the Google Assistant language is not supported. It would also be useful to find destinations when going abroad and localized place names are in a different language than what is set in Google Assistant.

This would reduce driver distraction a lot in many regions of the world I think.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dynamically configure waze session based on Bluetooth connection (for motorbike/car/truck)

Certain apps have the ability to detect what Bluetooth device is connected.

My suggestion is to allow users to pre-configure different Bluetooth connections to different vehicular modes, for example, a Bluetooth headset may be used on a motorbike and therefore Waze could detect that this Bluetooth connection is present and set itself for motorbike mode, likewise, an in-car radios own Bluetooth connection could be configured for a car, and finally, a different Bluetooth connection could also be configured for a truck, I envisaged then that this would allow users to predefine certain options like toll passes, low emission zones and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Waze on android wear and smart watches.

Hi
    The app is fine but needs some improvement.
    First of all is all about android wear or apple watch.

Its very safer you check directions on your watch or remind alerts by shaking watch

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! We are currently not planning on adding support for Watches or other wearable devices.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

8. Cloased Road on Android auto

On Android auto, it is not possible to indicate a closed road. Would it be possible to add it to the list of reports?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Android Auto Points Integration

Allow for the collection of points from driving and reports made while using Android Auto. My account shows -1 points even though I drive with Waze on my Android Auto head unit daily and make plenty of reports. I even get the weekly summary of my reports but never get any points from these reports.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update gas prices from Android Auto

I do essentially 100% of my driving with Waze running through Android Auto. I'd like to be able to report updated gas prices through the Android Auto app, rather than having to disconnect phone from car, open Waze back up in the phone app, and then finally click the report button to submit new gas prices. And then you have to reconnect your phone to your car and restart your navigation. Way too difficult to update prices if you use Android Auto.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow HOV lanes to be selected in Android Auto

Allow HOV Lanes to be used in Android Auto

Regular Waze allows for HOV routing, but android auto does not allow this selection. It will remember your routing before you enter android auto, but it will not allow switching of routings in the android auto version of the app.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Android Auto App Background Too Bright.

On some Android Auto screens (like the Pioneer AVIC-F88DAB), the daylight map is too bright to see the roads clearly (they look washed out).

Please add option to change background and/or road colors for in-car screens.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The feature about changing the background color of in-car screen is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

13. Android auto split screen

Android Auto now displays directions in split-screen, on google maps you can click the icon and shows in full screen, please implement this

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Update the car play / android auto app of Waze

Waze should be updated for car play user and android auto. We do not have full functionalities like the iOS or android mobile app. For example we can only report police, not hides ones or in the opposite side. Same for errors in the map, we can’t add a commentary if we use car play for example. All iOS and android fonctionnalités should be added to car play and android auto to have a 100% good,experience.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. La app se cierre (apaga o deja de funcionar) cuando conecto mis audífonos Bluetooth

La app se cierre (apaga o deja de funcionar) cuando conecto mis audífonos Bluetooth

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Android auto integration

Android auto integration is pretty terrible. Search has no voice option. And when I switch to spotify it's just a blank screen when loved to the side widget screen, it really only shows next turn if actively using navigation. There is such a missed opportunity like how Google maps does their integration.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Android Auto add stop

Can we get waze to show how off route a location is to your current route on Android Auto? This feature works great on the normal app but it's missing from android auto.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. App2sd support for waze android-version

Android-based mobile phones have started to get 2.2 (FroYo), which brought support for moving applications to SD card. Since Waze is quite a big application (~6 mb for me), it would be really good to be able to move it to the memory card.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Get Waze for AA closer to Waze for android

Thanks for Android auto support... but i miss very much the features from android client:
    Friends: sharing location, route and destination
    Advanced planning: map of alternative routes, nevigate through specific adress

Please, add, thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you may know, Waze is already supported on Android Auto. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

20. Switch Moto/Car mode based on bluetooth setup

I use Waze with my car and my scooter and often I forgot to switch on moto mode and it is hard to switch when I wear my glove. It would be great to be able to switch automatically the mode based on my bluetooth setup or at least have an api to do this with tasker.
    Thanks a lot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?