Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

39 results found

1. Avoid paid routes

In one of previous versions of waze was option "avoid paid routes" which was replaced by an "avoid highway". We would Like to opportunity for return "avoid paid routes" option. Because, for example here in Slovakia, we have so-called "bypasses" - highways around large cities, which are part of highways but are not tolled.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bringing back celebrity voices as paid content

Many new users may have missed promotional content involving celebrity voices and would love to have them back, even as paid content. While having limited time voices may bring in more users, keeping the voices after the promotion and allowing access for a fee will definitely bring in even more users .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    Some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.

You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.
    We currently don’t offer a paid version of app voices.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

3. Having a paid version

I would like a version with better graphics and more details like the image of the road sign and auto zoom when approaching an exit.
    For this I bought Sygic. For day to day traffic I use Waze but when going to an unknown area I have to use Sygic

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Paid Voice after Free Period Ends

We loved having Stephen Colbert as our chosen voice on Waze. We want to suggest offering the limited voices for payment after the free period ends. We absolutely would pay to keep Stephen on our Waze. You have a lot of Wazers. If a portion purchased for $.99 or $1.99 each voice, it could add up. It would make your customers happy and earn you some revenue.

217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional so they are only available for a limited time.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion.
    We currently don’t offer a paid version of app voices.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

5. Add paid avatars

Allow to pay unique avatars to differentiate oneself from other drivers. This will allow you to have an additional source of revenue, without impacting the user's experience within the application. And people like me, who like to be original, will be able to have a rarer avatar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Offer Premium paid Subscription

You should offer a premium version business or professional drivers can subscribe to where there are added premium features . For example features like adding your type of make and model of vehicle so the ETA time is more accurate and takes into consideration your miles per gallon and can include time for gas fill ups and rest stops so the ETA is more accurate. Also more functionality with sharing your location and allowing those you share your location with to request your location if sharing stops working or you close the app accidentally. Also, reports from travel done that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make "Do not avoid Pay Roads" assume all Vignettes / Tolls paid

When driving through Europe, Waze avoids highways even when the option "avoid toll roads" is turned off (it should use toll roads). Each country has a different vignette. Travelling a 5h car ride from Crostia to Austria can take you through Slovenia or Hungary. To use highways you need to add the Vignette for Austria, Hungary, and Slovenia. That takes time and is confusing and inconvenient.

Solution: when "Avoid toll roads" is disabled, take any road a typical car would drive, including all vignettes you buy in that country. Assume the driver will buy them. Give infos about tolls and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Premium levels - paid advertising opt out, enterprise vehicle route/tracking

Totally get why Waze needs ads for the free version.

Let me subscribe to opt out of ads and you've got my money monthly.

And if I were running a fleet of trucks, cabs or limos, I'd be totally willing to pay for integrated route planning & vehicle tracking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why not WAZE subsidies for people that use no fuel or electricty to get to work?

I bicycle commute to work and watch my co-workers get paid to carpool. What gives?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. enable svox tts

Enable use of SVOX TTS. They have very friendly voices and since I've paid for them, it would be nice to have the same voice for this app as I have for everything thing else. Not a "show stopper" by any means but it would be nice. WONDERFUL PROGRAM! WELL DONE.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Version for coaches and buses

To have version for coaches (with toilet dumping zones free or paid) or buses with weight and height restrictions with allowed routes or/and bus stations

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would love to see Waze on the Samsung Gear S3.

As far as I can tell, the Gear S3 can be purchased with a Data plan via AT&T, so theoretically it would be possible to use Waze on a smart watch with both GPS and Data. I would absolutely pay for a smartwatch version of your app, as would many other people! Having my phone out to use Waze when commuting daily is a bit cumbersome, but using it on a smart watch just to keep an eye out for traffic / police would make me use it every time I step foot in my car. I truly hope you…

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently not planning on adding Samsung Gear support.
    Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s blog and social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

14. Remove Passenger Confirmation

I love this app…with one exception of the completely pointless, totally useless, down right idiotic passenger confirmation box to allow inputs while moving. Really? Everywhere else in the app this doesn't come up. Waze is the ONLY app I've use that polices text and speech-to-text input ability while moving. You might as well interject after the passenger confirmation "Uh-oh! You're a passenger please confirm you've buckled your seat belt." but don't want to forget to confirm this after: "Uh-oh You're a passenger with a seat belt on, please confirm that you're not sitting in the front seat if you're younger…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. waze for windows phone 10

Waze was originally build by an Israeli startup and I know you paid approximately $ 3 Billion to buy the App, before the App was bought the app had a great windows phone app updates, I understand windows phone is a small community of users as compared to your monopolized market share of so called ANDROID. however why are you so scared to release new versions on Windows phone platform? you already have beaten Microsoft and you win but show some courtesy to the waze fans who use windows phone OS and they also deserve an latest version. you don't…

2,093 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tassos from Greece: By my opinion Waze has one great positive and one negative ..

positive :
    that its great in changing really fast routing in real time especially in city center of Athens according traffic jam ..

negative : that outside center , its prehestoric .. a lot of roads are missing, every user (that knows it ) does editing all the time ,

where you could adapt a FULL map of Google (as i thing Google bought waze , isnt it ? ) or openstreetmap ..

and we, the users that only edit if there is wrong in direction for example , ONLYYYY ..

editing , and filling new roads for me looks…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give warning when routing through ferries

Hi,

Currently Waze gives you a warning when routing through toll roads, but not when routing through ferries where the majority are also paid. It would be nice that Waze also then gives a warning when routing with ferries.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add personal music

Let us use one of the apps we have to play music, the ones you offer are all stations and paid stuff, Id like to be able to add my own playlist from my own apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Test Routes

Can you incorporate Practical Driving Test Routes to waze? I'm sure people who already use and recommend waze would find it useful. It can also be a paid service.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Human on shoulder/road

Once, we received a report of an animal on the shoulder of the road, so we paid some attention and looked for animals on the tree line, but it was a person. It was pitch dark, and we drove a few inches away from them because they were in entirely dark clothes on a highway at night. We can report humans on the app to save lives.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?