Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

1274 results found

1. Wazer tracking in real time

It would be great to track in real time one or two people, with their consent, possibly by pinging them to agree, so you can see their movements at the same time with your own live. It would make it much easier to meet up with someone, etc.  The SpeedFreak App let's you track up to 4 people in real time and works quite well.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Samsung Gear S2 integration

I'd like Waze to integrate with the Samsung Gear S2, which is on the Tizen OS. Most particularly, I'd like vibrate reminders of upcoming turns. Also, navigation initiation and address lookup would be useful.

I'm using the device with a Nexus 6 on Marshmallow.

462 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Serbian voice for serbian wazers

Our current options are Croatian and English, i believe more people would use it here if there was our own voice.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Integrate with cobra iRadar

Cobra has a radar detector that works with android and iphone. They upload/download radar locations for their own community. There may be an opportunity for the two companies to work together, and integrate with each other. Imagine: turn by turn nav, automatic traffic condition updates, user reported feedback of accidents and automatic reports of police radar points all in one cohesive application.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ETA & TBR during holyday

Some working week days might be a holiday once a year for some national celebration, and should be treated specially, not only for the ETA calculation, but also for TBR (Time Based Rules) for routing.
    It might be an 8th day of the week with its own stats and be activated for requiring countries based on a given dates list .

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. voices

Allow developers to add their own created voices to the database and sell their creations on the open market with Waze taking a portion of the profits.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add to road hazard list: 1) flooding, and 2) ice

Add to road hazard list: 1) flooding, and 2) ice

228 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to use Bluetooth HSP or A2DP

Waze uses bluetooth A2DP for navifation instructions. But a lot of car sets only uses bluetooth HSP. There are apps that convert A2DP to HSP but these apps always mute the car radio. So it would be great, if Waze can send navidation instructions via HSP to a bluetooth car set. So it will mute the radio, give the navigation instruction and then unmute the radio. I think that would be a big feature, cause google maps can't do this right now.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 Ideas!

Hi, ive got two ideas: 1. When starting a new ride from a parking car, Waze does not know which direction the vehicle is facing. And because of Murphy's rules, most of the time it will plan the opposite route :) My suggestion is: before starting navigation I will have the option to calibarate the direction my vehicle facing (button that using the internal compass) . and now that Waze can understand that im facing east for example it can plan the right route. 2. adding an option so Waze know im driving a motorcycle so it can plane the…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already has Motorcycle Mode included in the app. To change your vehicle type, tap Settings > Car Details > Vehicle type.

As for the idea with adjusting car facing direction, it is under consideration.

10. Interchange guidance method in ver. 2.2 is wrong. Revert to 2.0 method.

In version 2.2 (Android & iPhone) the written guidance in interchanges was changed. It tries to look-ahead and gives guidance based on the ramp exiting the interchange.
    This is inconsistent with the way guidance worked in version 2.0 and therefore inconsistent with the ramp's naming in the Waze map. It leads to confusing guidance that does not match the actual road signs.
    This is really dangerous as it increases drivers' confusion in the interchange.
    Please revert the guidance method to the way it was in version 2.0

For details see http://www.waze.co.il/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9996&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p59430 (in Hebrew)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bigger letters

Set all information about time, km, and all written regarding traffic, warning, accident and so on, with bigger letters and icons dimension to be seen easely while driving. Or let user set their own letter configuration. (I use 10" tablet android with waze.)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Flexible configuration of yards, feet, meters, miles, km

Allow user to set their own preference for various displays in Waze. For each dialogue or group of report types allow users to say which unit they would want to see:
    e.g. miles, decimal miles, KM, decimal km, meters, yards, feet

Personally I would like long distances in miles/decimals but short distances in meters (this matched best to roadsigns and education in the UK).

Maybe also "about x seconds away at current speed" for some reports.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ad a ”hide me at this address" function

Suggestion: Make an option to hide me from view to all other wazers within a radius of ?200? meters from a selected address
    Why: For example, At home I want to follow my wife/husband coming from work, and I turn waze on, now everyone can see where I (my nickname) live. From there it is easy to track me when I am home or out at it becomes easy to track my routines.
    In the long run it would be nice if accepted friends could se you at home, and that you could choose our own radius.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. App2sd support for waze android-version

Android-based mobile phones have started to get 2.2 (FroYo), which brought support for moving applications to SD card. Since Waze is quite a big application (~6 mb for me), it would be really good to be able to move it to the memory card.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an audio player to the list of compatible apps with Waze

You should add an audio player that can play audio files that are on the phone itself to the list of compatible music apps so you can listen to your own files and recordings while using Waze, not just radio or other broadcasting apps. For example a recording of a lecture from your professor that you have on your phone.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. re-route based on upcoming traffic conditions / congestions

While waze does show upcoming traffic condition on one's route it does not provide facility to automatically re-route the traveler around traffic congestion using surface streets or alternate highway/freeway.

This is essential to optimizing waypoint ordering/priority:

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone-/suggestions/2360018-navigation-waypoints

This ought be available in other-than a binary toggle (yes or no). While yes and no are suitable broad options, waze ought provider finer grained control of re-routing as it does now (faster or shorter). These should include

(1) time windows

(2) zones / areas

(3) specific roads / highways / freeways

(4) density of other Wazers

(5) using either / both wazer…

1,000 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Amanda Silvera from Psych2go for navigation

Psych2go is a mental health community that has close to 9 million followers on YouTube. Amanda Silvera is one of the most favored and popular voice on this channel. It would be awesome if Waze teamed up with Psych2go for Mental Health Month this May with Amanda’s comforting voice helping navigate. Mental Health is very important especially now in the wake of many current crisis’ of the world. It may also even help with road rage scenarios with an optimistic voice help you during your commute. Below is Psych2go’s contact information.

CONTACT
    CEO&Founder - tai@psych2go.net
    Sponsorship inquiries - adam@psych2go.net
    Want…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. De 3d a 2d y viscerversa fácil Hola.

Hola. ¿Pueden poner un botón en la pantalla principal para pasar de 3d a 2d y viscerversa?
    Esto con el fin de no tener que ingresar a la configuración sino que se pueda hacer rápidamente desde la pantalla principal.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Map display  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Being able to input your own route

We drive abnormal loads that are governed by police routes, we have to avoid certain roads/bridges due to the weight of our vehicle ,is it possible to be able to input the route as specified by the police ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fixed Debug Mode (2##2)

If the user has a problem with finding a site or address in the app, he / she may have more tools to ask for help from the publishers.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base