Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

3148 results found

  1. Android Auto Time Left

    Hi. On Android Auto, the time left in drive no longer appears. How can that be put back so I know how much time is left in my drive

    5 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Android Auto  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi! Just my 2 cents, whenever I share my drive with someone, my Waze turned light green for the directions I’m supposed to follow.

    When I’m sharing my drive to someone please make direction colour & the other roads to be different colour so I can see the directions more clearly. Right now it’s light green for the directions & the other roads are darker green. Difficult to differentiate it.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display destination on screen during navigation

    Lately, I have repeatedly run into situations where, after driving for 1-2 hours, I have doubts whether I have selected the right destination. To be able to check this, I have to interrupt the navigation. This usually causes distractions while driving.
    My suggestion is to introduce a display of the current destination above the estimated travel time field. This feature would be especially beneficial when using the Apple CarPlay integration. It would help users like me to always keep the desired destination in view, thus eliminating the dangerous interruptions during the drive.

    44 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    7 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. sound alert for new route

    I use my waze on my daily drive, and occasionally when there is a traffic accident, I get re-routed. The problem is that I don't see the little pop-up that says, there's a better route every time. And I end up missing a faster route and being stuck in traffic. A sound alert to tell me I'm re-routed would really help this problem.

    33 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    11 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make Waze available in Assistant Driving Mode

    In Android 12 we no longer can use Android Auto from phone screen. The only option is to use assistant driving mode and Waze currently is not available in this mode.

    45 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have an option to use HOV routes or not

    I drive by myself most of the time that I use Waze. Many times two out of the three routes I get are in HOV route. It would be nice if I could opt out of HOV routes and actually have three routes to choose from.

    9 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On commute mute turn by turn direction BUT announce incidents (accidents, caps, speed camera. Etc.)

    If you drive the same route every day (as many people do ) you will not need to hear the turn by turn direction but do need advance warning of incidents ie: cop ahead, slow down in traffic, speed camera ahead etc. right now the only option is all or nothing in the (Setting-sound- navigate guidance) menu. it would also limit the number of times Waze interrupts on ongoing phone call. Thus making app even. MORE DESIRABLE!

    38 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

  8. I would like to have the facility to edit (e.g. add an extra, en route stop) a saved future drive!

    I like to plan my journeys, and view alternative routes ahead of time, using Waze. At present it seems that, despite having “saved” a planned drive, the only way to edit your route, is to start all over again from scratch, incorporating your desired change(s) as you go through the process. For a substantial, multi-stop route, that 'is' 'a' 'pain'!

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix speed icons size and location on screen.

    Speed icons are way too small to see. Countries that drive on right side move icons to left side of screen. Know problem for years. Please fix.

    11 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Car Play  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To add a Friend or family, always keeps acti e

    I would like to add a feature of saving my family/ friends where abouts, it will help to be in touch always

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hgv lorrys

    I drive a hgv lorry and often satnavs and maps can lead you down a dodgy road with height width restrictions, weight limits. Could Waze have an option for hgv lorrys? Also including speed limits for hgv due to them being different from cars

    19 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There should be a way find a point to switch drivers

    If your drive is 6 hours and there's two drivers and you want to split the drive waze should have a location you should switch drivers and also waze should figure how to split the drive if it's a long drive like a 16 hour drive between 5 people etc.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Umweltzone/environmental zones

    In many countries in Europe environment zones are popping up. In these zones you can only drive if you have a sticker showing your car create less pollution than certain levels.

    For instance, inner München is off-limit to older diesel cars.

    You should be able in the app to indicate what label, if any, your car have, then not be routed into forbidden areas.

    16 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Express Lanes - Avoid Express Lanes option

    A nice feature would be a setting to avoid Express Lanes, like the ones on I95 (I-95) that require the EZ-Pass. Currently the only way to do this is to enable "Avoid Toll Roads." However this makes my route avoid the tunnel or bridge that I DO want to use. Avoiding the tunnel or bridge would add 20 or more minutes to my drive.
    Basically, separate out the luxury Express Lanes from toll roads and create another setting for them.
    Thank you.

    49 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

    Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

  15. Differentiate between toll roads and toll bridges

    I drive solo in Seattle. I have three options into Seattle from the North: - I -405 (with a toll bridge - 525- across the lake) or 1-405 (with a non toll bridge - via 1-90) and then I-5 with no tolls at all.

    Can we have an option for WAZ to differentiate between toll roads and toll bridges - this is because I can still drive the "regular" road on the 1-405 and then take the toll bridge (525) into Seattle, but I don't want WAZ to figure the time for the HOV/T lane...aaaaagh, does that make any sense?…

    13 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Speak minutes lapse since hazard or police reported to let drive know how fresh a report is

    Please have waze speak the elapse time since hazard or police were reported.

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Waze is very sluggish at first. I can drive 1/2 block or more in the wrong direction and then it flips me around to the correct directiion

    Waze is very sluggish at first. I can drive 1/2 block or more in the wrong direction and then it flips me around to the correct directiion

    i just use for navigation and all of these friend and other stupid icons, just confuse the situation. How do I get rid of them? I just want the street lines,etc Just navigation.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. WAZE to avoid ULEZ zones - type in your vehicle reg before travel?

    In April 2019 central London areas operate a 24/7 charge for vehicles which don't pass the ultra low emissions zone. This is the same boundaries as the congestion charge. This is in effect a toll. The only way I can see WAZE controlling this is that the driver must enter their reg that they are driving so that WAZE knows to avoid this toll. My car for example will fall short of the ULEZ, whereas my girlfriends will not so it is dependent on what you drive. Will WAZE build this into their app as a way…

    38 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    17 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

    Great news! The feature to avoid ULEZ is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

  19. Tripit Integration

    Wouldn't it be cool if Waze linked to the Tripit.com API and was able to pull out all of the places I had meetings in a day. That way I could get a feel in advance for the travel time I might require to drive. Also I wouldn't have to screw around copying each address over for every trip, Waze would just be aware of the addresses.

    16 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like Waze to show me the recommended speed to avoid multiple stops while in slow moving traffic jam

    Especially when driving regular gear cars, you prefer to drive slowly but steady, rather than stopping and accelerating consistently. This is also favorable in fuel consumption manners. In the long run, if a lot of users will obey this feature it could consequently help to promote the traffic congestion by preventing multiple stops, and improve the traffic flow.

    13 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?