Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

1276 results found

1. GNV

1° considerar GNV nos combustíveis,
    2° voltar c/os nomes das ruas no mapa.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Now available  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Keep waze on top

When making a phonecall via hands free, waze should stay on top. It's pointless showing the call app, because 1. My screen then locks, so I can't unlock without touching the phone. 2. I can't get directions while I am on the outgoing call...

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Moving map position

A suggestion for the moving map display: would be nice to have the position of your own icon weighted towards the edge of the map where you have been. This would show more of the route you are yet to travel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Android Jelly Bean multi window support

There is a new feature in Jelly Bean, on higher resolutions I can split the screen between 2 apps, so it would be nice if Waze supported that too, so I could see Waze AND music player simultaneously.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A button for HOV or non-HOV

There should be a button to tell Waze whether the car is in the HOV lane. 1), it would help Waze better determine traffic speed since it wouldn't average Wazer's in the HOV lanes with the speeds of those driving slower. 2), the Map would/could show the average speed of HOV or non HOV speeds. A Wazer in the HOV lane could really impact the accurate speed average shown (and vice versa).

336 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Detour capability

I would like for the ability to determine a detour to the current route. For example, if the highway you are on is blocked, slow or closed due to an accident, you can push a detour option/button and select the distance of the detour (1/2 mile, 1 mile, 2 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles...) or maybe the system can suggest the detour length based on what it knows of the traffic conditions ahead. Once your determined detour distance is exhausted, you are routed back to your original route. Many GPS Nav systems today have this capability/feature and is very useful.…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tracking stop signs and stop lights

In addition to "Difficult intersection" it would be very handy for two features:
    1) Waze's map to record if there are stop signs (2, 4 way), and lights at an intersection. This would (hopefully) include separate turn signals; some intersections are VERY difficult to turn left at even with a light, for example.

2) A setting for navigation (in the app) for "Avoid unguarded turns/intersections". This would then allow a driver to NOT have to turn left across 6 lanes of traffic, for example, as the app would know there was no light at that crossing (or even going directly…

347 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatically switch off 'Record new road' feature

As an area manager, it is a headache to keep deleting small segments of road alongside existing roads, caused by GPS inaccuracies where a user has left the 'record new road' feature switched on. I think it would be a good idea to have the client automatically switch off the feature if the user has been travelling on an existing road for a set period of time, for example, 2 minutes.

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reminder: time to take a break!

We suggest introducing notifications that would remind drivers to take a 10 minute break when they have driven for 2 hours non-stop, and after a 4 hour drive would suggest taking a 20 minute power nap.

Research by the Latvian Road Traffic Safety Directorate shows that 11,7% of drivers are at high risk of falling asleep, and 1/3 of all drivers have experienced falling asleep at the wheel for a second in the last year.

By reminding drivers how important it is to take breaks, Waze can help prevent tragic accidents and save lives.

Latvian Road Traffic Safety Directorate

2,126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    We are currently not planning on adding resting alerts or reminders.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

10. Screen saver-prevent screen burn

Need to make a screen saver so that the screen does not burn. I have had 2 phones that now have ghosting from the screen being on while navigating. Maybe add an option to have the screen go dark between turns.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    The Report button was designed to be noticed while blending in and it’s important to keep it as is.
    However, we will revisit this idea when working on Dark mode, in the future. Furthermore, since this is a physical issue that OLED phones suffer from in different apps, we recommend to use Battery Saver mode to allow your display some rest from bright colors that might lead to this dysfunction.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

11. Add a feature/option to avoid railroad crossings

Today I got stuck waiting for a freight train twice. It would have saved me time to have an option on Waze to give me an alternate route and how many minutes the detour takes in order to avoid the railroad crossing. When I got stuck for the 2nd time I took a right turn to explore the area and found an underpass 2 blocks away, which saved me about 5 minutes. This gave me the idea.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Control audio warnings as a user option

In the audio, there are only 3 options. Please add a 4th option as a " user option" There you can not only set the type of warning, but also control the amount of " before exit/turn " warnings. Today, you either have all of them ( 3 ) or nothing. I would like to have for example only 1 waning for exit + Police + speed camera and nothing else. Anyone can chose and set his own preferences on the audio notification.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Change orientation” button. Notifies waze that the orientation of the car is the opposite than what waze thinks

Effective when coming out of a parking spot for two reasons: 1. To correct waze when noticing it is wrong. 2. If one can come out of the parking spot to two different directions, the button allows checking which way will consume less time, and choosing the direction appropriately.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a photo by uploading from photo library

When you get to a location, Waze asks you to take a photo of that location so that people know they're at the right place. I struggle with why this is the case, when Waze is owned by Google.

Suggestion 1: Integrate with Google Street view. Wow. No brainer.

Suggestion 2: If you're hell bent against that (which, according to customer service you are AND you "aren't owned by Google" lol), then allow someone to upload an EXISTING photo from your photo library.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Quick report buttons

It would be a good idea to place some (2??) customizable quick report buttons on the main Map/interface; in such way we can report speed traps/ dangers/ police while we are driving with a single touch (or double to exclude unintended reports)!
    There are too many menu/options to make a report... the only way to put them live is to stop the car and going trough a jungle of options... ( :geek: and I'm used to that! I'm an android user)
    Heavy traffic is fine... you're stuck in your car and you've all the time to browse the options but…

245 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hauteur véhicule

Il faudrait pouvoir indiquer son type de véhicule par rapport a la hauteur. Exemple j'ai un Peugeot boxer de hauteur de 2,5m et on me propose en itinéraire l'A86 duplex limité a 2m

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Extend Vehicle Type to allow custom config settings and specific vehicles

I spoil myself and so I own and use multiple vehicles. I have a daily driver car, a pleasure car and a motorcycle. There are multiple settings I change for each vehicle and style of driving.

For daily commutes, I want routing on fastest routes including tolls, as well as only alerts to be announced by voice - otherwise I glance at the map for routing. My daily vehicle has a SpeedPass for automated tolls, so I want these routes considered. My daily driver does not paid with bluetooth very well, so I need the audio to come from the…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Expire events option

Give a general or category specific option to delete/expire events. e.g. most crashes/accidents are cleared in 30 minutes or less, yet the event lingers in Waze for 2 hours or more. So let the user chose how old an event will be displayed.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto turn screen on/off

When driving by directions, it would be great if Waze could turn off the screen when there is more than a specified distance to the next turn, and turn the screen on again when I'm within the specified distance.

We should have the option to set the specified distance to 500m, 1km, 2km, 5km and 10km.

It would also be nice to have an option to set the screen to turn on for 30 seconds or so if a report within our event radio comes in.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. dashaun wesley - navigator voice! PRIDE MONTH

HBO Max’s competition series Legendary is unlike any reality TV you’ve seen before. From the eight houses vogueing their way through the competition to the panel of fiercely opinionated judges, there’s more personality in this series than in any other show on the new streaming service.

That’s why Dashaun Wesley is such a standout in Legendary’s very talented crowd. As the show’s resident master of ceremonies, it’s Wesley’s job to keep the show moving, the vibe up, and all the egos in check—which can be difficult considering that the judges don’t mince words when it comes to what they think…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base