Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

1273 results found

1. Tarifs moyens des trajets

nous avons systématiquement plusieurs itinéraires possibles, parfois certains ayant un temps similaire voir identiques. Il pourrait être intéressant de mettre en avant les tarifs des péages ainsi parfois entre 2 trajets de 45 minutes entre le 1er faisant prendre 3 péage pour un total par exemple de 10€ et l'autre trajets avec un seul péage a 3€ cela évite des frais inutile. ou même parfois il est peut être intéressant de rallonger de 5 minute si cela évite un péage coûteux. Waze pourrait se servir des données que nous lui transmettons sur notre type de véhicule et carburant comme le…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add option to avoid toll roads in certain countries

If a route spans across multiple countries, it would be nice to be able to tell Waze that I would like to avoid tolls in specific countries. For example if my route goes via three countries, I would like to avoid toll roads in Country 2 only, but still use them in Country 1 and Country 3.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Routing overview

I would like a routing overview option to easily access when driving for two reason:
    1: For longer routes to see were I am in the country.
    2: For shorter routes to have an overview of the traffic situations.

This option could be a button directly on the map, maybe as an option to turn on/off from Settings or as an option in the pop up window where the mute, stop navigation, navigation list and recalculate route are.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Possibilities:
    - check next turns list by clicking on the directions panel on the top, select ‘next turns’ tab
    - check reports on the route by clicking on the directions panel on the top, select ‘reports ahead’ tab
    - check map view of your route by clicking on ETA bar at the bottom, select ‘Routes’ and then ‘map view’

4. Improved Google Assistant Integration on Android Auto

The overall issue with Waze seems to be that the phone app is better built than the Android Auto app, which wouldn't be a problem were it not for the fact that it has led to borderline non-existent communication between the Android Auto version of the Google Assistant and the Android Auto Waze app. This problem leads to two main issues: drivers can't report hazards without taking one of their hands off the wheel and their eyes off the road unless they have a passenger on board, and if the driver uses the Google Assistant to ask for directions the…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New Report- temporary traffic lights

Hello Waze,
    A lot of roadworks in London are controlled by Temporary Traffic Lights
    Which can be 2-Way (50% green)
    Also can be 3-Way (33% green)
    And can be 4-Way (25% green)
    Therefore I suggest :

Hazard ->On the Road -> Temp T/L -> 2Way

Hazard ->On the Road -> Temp T/L -> 3Way

Hazard ->On the Road -> Temp T/L -> 4Way

Looking forward to your feedback

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Android Auto Waze: Navigate to Contacts

If I use the regular Android Waze app, I can search for contacts and navigate to their address. If I use Android Auto Waze, contacts are not returned in the search. This would be an incredibly useful feature, as my customers I need to visit are all in my contacts.

I am using Waze 4.27.0.1 in Android Auto mode with Ford Sync 2.2.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The feature about navigating to contacts using Android Auto is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

7. "Stop running in the background" switch on iOS

Hi. I found that Waze continues to run and use GPS and 3G signal while backgrounded on the iPhone. This is catastrophic in our country for two reasons: 1. It keeps the phone very hot. 2. it uses data at about 0.15 USD/MB, thereby ticking down your data and using up your money. You have to explicitly turn it off or explicitly quit the app. There should be a switch that says, and is by default, set to "Do not run or use data or GPS in the background". My experience: I used Waze to get to a destination. I…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix the gas price functionality by adding additional shortcuts to update gas station prices and automatically remove old data

The current method of adding gas prices is apparently too hard for many Wazers to find. Editors are constantly receiving PURs regarding incorrect and out of date gas prices. I have three recommendations for where to add a shortcut:

1. Add a button to the page that shows all of the gas stations near your location.
    2. Add a button on the gas station's info page right below the listed prices.
    3. If a user is located within the gas station area, give a popup (like when Waze detects a traffic jam).

The gas station price functionality has the potential to be much…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Users (or their friends/family) To Be the GPS Voice

As most users know, there are special sponsored voices you can use for your GPS voice. Kevin Hart did it when Ride Along was coming out. Ed Helms is currently on it for Vacation.

Wouldn't it be great if their was a part of the app where Waze would give the user prompts and they could record themselves, or a friend, or family member saying them. (i.e. "In point 2 miles turn left." "Make a U-turn at the next light" ETC.)

Users could have their best friend tell them directions, or their grandpa, whoever they want. And if they also…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Flood alert for flooded roads

I just want to share an experience i had a couple of days ago. It's rainy season here again in the Philippines and roads here can get flooded easily. So I was on my way home two nights ago and I consulted Waze on the best route since I know traffic would be bad. Waze gave 3 routes. Two would take me almost 2hrs and then one route with just a little over 1hr. So I took the fastest route. Abt 30mins into my drive, i was facing a flooded road with abt knee deep of water. On the map…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Addresses in Colombia

Addresses are pretty easy to implement in Colombia, they have 2 components. The main road being it a Calle or Carrera most of the time, and the House number, made of two parts, The intersection with the opposing road, for example a Carrera would intersect with a Calle and viceversa, and the distance from the intersection. For example, Calle 45 #67-85 would be 85 meters after the intersection of Calle 45 and Carrera 67, on Calle 45 going towards calle 68. It would be pretty easy, and really convenient for users in Colombia.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion.
    We are aware of this need since address fields are ordered differently from one country to the other.
    Providing this flexibility in address fields is planned but it’s out of current scope so we can’t share a timeline at the moment.
    We will keep the community posted, so stay tuned!

14. Add upcoming planned drives to iPhone widget

It would be really awesome to have the next 1-2 planned drive destinations show up next to "Home" and "Work" in the iOS widget! Thanks!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would like to be able to program my voice for the gps navigation voice

Would like to be able to program my own voice for the gps navigation voice or the voice of my loved ones

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Vehicle Top Speed (restricted) for ETA/journey time accuracy

This is a feature that I have never seen on any other navigation or journey planning app.

Navigation apps always give an ETA - Estimated Time of Arrival. But how accurate is it really? That depends on traffic, traffic lights, one-way systems, etc but what is not considered is your own vehicle's top speed! Of course learner drivers/motorcyclists can't take motorways but can a(n unmodified) 50cc moped/motorbike attain 70mph on a dual carriageway or 60 on a single carriageway? I know the only time I managed 70mph on my Honda CBR125 was going downhill!

There needs to be an option…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Traffic Reporting

users report traffic even at 2am on an empty street as heavy or even standstill just to get points.

Recommend a change where the user only presses a button that says "report traffic". Then the app over 3 minutes send location and speeds to server and server decides based on reported speed vs posted speed, the heaviness of traffic. At 80% if posted a peed you mark "moderate". At 60% it's "heavy" and at 40%, it's at a "standstill".

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Personal statistics

Would be nice to get stats about your personal routes : average travel time between your first 2 or 3 destinations, average waze error on ETA (accuracy and precision - see wikipedia for the difference), time you spend driving per day, number of wazers you cross... one can invent all sort of fun and useful statistics.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to work on having a personal statistics of the routes taken in the near future. In the meantime, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waze for all the latest features.

19. Show the Road That The User is Currently Traveling On, In the Client (Tied into 'Where Am I' Feature Request)

I think that this would be a great feature to have. On the Waze client, while using Waze, whether it be Android, iPhone, WM, etc... it would be nice to show the current road that you are currently on or traveling on. This is tied in to the feature request of something similar to TomTom's "Where Am I", but that is in another thread and I don't wish to take away from it.

The request for the current road is on on GPS devices. For example:

TeleNav - http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYyZHKL7FLjzbw30EVWIYIbnNJkYrB56VCQy8DQdcSLHzb_lRa8A

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREoEg8JjuCBXXQ3sJwBhYVgAK9B14iiP_x_6YP5u8PNCAPELgB

MotionX - http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDgTkUk72WlRoMKbPLEoXdEkLt10fsJcvEa62tKWXNRmeIzOSKIQ

TomTom - http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6lADGSVgCsN8B8WU-8lPq60lPqcbV91vvWBf9z5HiHuqrmj_d

Basically, you get the…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Temporary HOV/Carpool lanes

If I'm in a 2+ vehicle, it would be nice if a route preferred HOV lanes. In my area, there is a "temporary" HOV lane which has a different direction in morning and evening. (See US-93 between Boston and Braintree MA)

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

1 2 5 7 9 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base