Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

987 results found

1. Android Auto app without head unit

Please update Android auto functionality to include those of use just using the Android auto app on our phones and not through a vehicle head unit. I would love to finally be able to use Android auto, as I have been waiting for Waze to be supported, but I don't have an Android auto head unit.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Send eta in Android auto

Really looking for the send eta feature as I have a vehicle that you can connect with Android Auto.

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Voice reports on Android Auto

It would be really useful to be able to report road hazards by voice on Android Auto.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add option to enable and disable Waze based on Bluetooth and charging status

Add the ability to enable or disable Waze based on various factors, such as bluetooth being enabled, name of paired device currently connected, or if the phone is currently connected to a power source. I love the app but I often forget to turn it off or on. As a result, I either burn battery by gps staying on if I forget to turn it Waze off, or I don't contribute to the community if I forget to turn Waze on. This could also be accomplished externally through integration with Tasker, as suggested by these ideas :

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone-/suggestions/2485315-tasker-intergration

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223-client-how-can-we-improve-waze-on-your-phone-/suggestions/2992251-sense-when-connected-to-a-specific-bluetooth

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Android Auto Waze: Navigate to Contacts

If I use the regular Android Waze app, I can search for contacts and navigate to their address. If I use Android Auto Waze, contacts are not returned in the search. This would be an incredibly useful feature, as my customers I need to visit are all in my contacts.

I am using Waze 4.27.0.1 in Android Auto mode with Ford Sync 2.2.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The feature about navigating to contacts using Android Auto is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

6. Android auto - missing setting

Om android auto user interface there is no posibility on change route option: "avoid/not avoid toll roads"

Very interesting because when you are driving maybe you want to change it easily.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Please note we're changing the status of this suggestion to Not right now, since we finalized our plans for 2023 and this idea won't be implemented this year.
    Android Auto Proected is a major focus for us in this year, and we encourage you to read more about it in the Android Auto forum for updates and latest releases.
    Thanks!

7. I would love to see WAZE as an option for Android Auto!!! Will Waze ever be an option on Android Auto??

I would love to see WAZE as an option for Android Auto in place, or in addition to Google Maps for Android Auto!!! Will Waze ever be an option on Android Auto??

486 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding link to OBD2 Bluetooth transmitter which provides speed data info. Combing this with a gyroscope allow navigation in tunnels.

Adding a link to an OBD2 Bluetooth transmitter which provides speed data info. Combing this with a gyroscope from a mobile allows navigation in tunnels.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add Android Auto support

Please add the ability for Waze's data and info to work/display on vehicle's infotainment while running Android Auto

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you may know, Waze is already supported on Android Auto. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

10. Waze should delay commands by one or two seconds when iPhone is used through Bluetooth

I use Waze in my car, using my iPhone through Bluetooth so that the sound comes from the car speakers. The problem is, that Waze does not wait for the connection. All commands are partly cut off. For example: "in 1000 feet turn left" is heard as "turn left". Can you program Waze, so that when Bluetooth is used, there is a minor delay, for example 1 or 2 seconds, before the command is spoken. That way I will hear the entire instruction.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Android Auto - Allow Waze destination "history" to be displayed as part of Android Auto.

"Native" Waze on my android phone shows past historical destinations when I initiate a new destination search. When using Waze as part of Android Auto - only destination favorites are shown. Please allow Waze to show historical destination list when used in Android Auto.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When WAZE under ANDROID-AUTO !?

Bonjour,

J'attends "avec impatience" la version WAZE SOUS ANDROID-AUTO pourtant "annoncée il y 6 mois" (France) !!! mais malheureusement toujours pas disponible !

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you may know, Waze is already supported on Android Auto. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Radar Traject Control android auto

When you use Android Auto you can't see how long Radar Traject Control is or when it is finished. (green bar when you use Waze on smartphone)

It could be nice to implement it (below the traject info) in Waze Android auto.

I use an samsung phone and ride with an Peugeot 203

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add closure report to Android Auto

There does not appear to be a way to report a temporary closure of a road due to an accident, etc. from within the Waze Android Auto interface. Please consider adding this feature.

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Share from Android auto

currently you cannot share your ride when using Android Auto, you can only do it from the phone before you plug into the car, if you change destinations or Waze stops working thru Android Auto which happens alot, the only way you can share is to unplug the phone and redo your trip, share it then plug it in again

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add waze to Android Auto

Love Waze and only GPS app I use. Want to see it in Android Auto

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Android Auto

Bisher gute Umsetzung,

Leider fehlt mir nach der Verbindung mit Android Auto viele Funktionen (nur ein Beispiel, Anzeige Geschwindigkeit / erlaubte Geschwindigkeit) 

Eine Fahrspurassistent wäre auch sehr gut.aber was mich besonders nervt das er nach Trennung von Android Auto weiterhin navigieren möchte obwohl bereits am Ziel angekommen, toll wäre es wenn man von Android Auto trennt das auch waze beendet wird!

Integration von Google Verkehrsdaten !

Macht weiter so!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Route overview on Android auto

Add the route overview using Android Auto on the car display. This function it's only available using the smartphone app.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Speed limit on Android Auto

Thanks for finally making Waze available on Android Auto but you left out the speed limit and it is one of my favorite features. It's especially helpful in rural areas where speed limit signs are few and far between and it makes it easy for law enforcement to set up speed traps.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base